Digital Primates: View From the Top 2014
Digital Primates is an elite consultancy focused on high performance client-side applications. Specializing in video, mobile, and enterprise development, Digital Primates has built video players for some of the world’s most watched live streaming events and has architected and built software solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands. Digital Primates is committed to making our clients self-sufficient to maintain their own applications. We are able to achieve this through Training and Mentoring, in addition to our Development and Consulting Services.
The Digital Primates team consists of developers, consultants, and project managers, and is led by two highly experienced senior consultants.
The staff and partners are actively involved in the open source community, contributing in various ways, including:
• Digital Primates founded the dash.js project, which provides a simple and free dash player for HTML Browsers with Media Source Extensions. This project has now grown to include contributions from Microsoft, Google, Akamai, and other major players in the streaming video arena.
• Two partners are Project Management Committee members for one or more Apache Foundation projects.
• Digital Primates founded FlexUnit -- ActionScript’s primary unit testing framework.
• Digital Primates founded Randori.js, a multi-language, cross-compiling, application framework.
Some of our recent noteworthy projects include:
• We delivered mobile applications for live streaming a 2012 international sporting event for a major US broadcaster.
• We worked with a major sports broadcaster to deliver an international Soccer tournament in 2010 and 2014 to a worldwide audience through mobile and browser applications.
• We developed software for an independent film distributor to deliver thousands of films to phones, tablets, and connected TVs.
• We helped develop a Media Player used to broadcast over 2,400 out of market games each season for a major professional sports league.
We architected and supported a team that builds an international hospital information system.
Digital Primates has offices in Chicago and New York City and can be reached at email@example.com.
This article is Sponsored Content
Executives from companies on the 2014 Streaming Media 100 list share their insights on how to soar in the Online Video Industry.