Vela's Upgraded Version 6.5 Smart Loggers to Debut at NAB-NY 2019
Vela unveils version 6.5 of Vela Luna and Encompass at NAB-NY 2019 - shining as the #1 Volicon replacement solution in the U.S. in terms of technology, support, and customers.
Clearwater, FL(09 Oct 2019)
Vela, the leading provider of compliance monitoring and smart logging solutions, today announces the unveiling of version 6.5 of Vela Luna and Encompass at NAB-NY 2019. Both Luna and Encompass have deeply advanced Engineering tools with live and recorded multiviewers, QoS/Compliance Alerting, and AirChecks/Ad Verification, and Encompass adds competitive news comparison, competitor commercial analysis that produces sales leads, clipping of original or transcoded media, and links for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning search and analysis.
Version 6.5 of Vela Luna and Encompass provide many enhancements to the comprehensive and highly-scalable platform with an extensive set of new features and benefits.
New 6.5 features include:
- Newtek NDI and Dolby Atmos support added to newer formats & standards supported, including: SMPTE-2110, SMPTE-2022 (TSoIP & SDIoIP), ATSC 3.0, OKTA, DVB and SCTE-27 Subtitles
- Enhancements to Vela AI/ML integration with many additional benefits:
> Power search and deep discoverability of asset library based on recognition of faces, voices, logos, objects, graphics, and audio/video patterns for integration of metadata to underlying video
> Topic recognition for automated segmenting of stories to expedite workflows for repurposing
> Transcription of interviews/speeches & integration of lower third OCR and graphics into metadata with ability to adjust the time breaks
> Transcription that can differentiate between people and aired content/commercials and be translated when in a foreign language
- Addition of TSoIP outputs and live video streaming to social media platforms (YouTube, FB, Periscope)
- Ability to schedule export of clips and publish without commercials based on SCTE tags
- Addition of Custom Meta Data Entry using pull downs added to News Notes & Discrepancy Logging
- Further expansion of Vela’s unique Content Comparison tool for comparing return feeds to original
- Enhancements to Ad|Recon that generates and prioritizes sales leads based on analysis of competitor channel commercials as compared to your own station commercials
- New portable Multiviewer and portable Penalty Box App
- Error notification within dashboard for clips that are missing captions.
“We are thrilled about this significant unveiling of version 6.5 at NAB-NY”, said Ken Rubin, Vela Vice
President - Worldwide Sales. “The enhanced features and capabilities further extend Encompass’ ability
to help broadcasters, programmers and MVPDs to streamline their operations, increase their
programming integrity, and ultimately increase their ratings and share of advertising. It’s no surprise
that Vela is the #1 US Volicon-replacement solution with a vast majority of stations turning to Vela.”