Streaming Media West to Showcase Latest Technology and Video Platforms From OTT Providers, Broadcasters, Cable Operators, and Content Owners
Includes a special 2-day Producer Live Conference focused on teaching attendees video production, technology, techniques, and strategies for creating and delivering professional video
Medford, NJ(12 Sep 2014)
StreamingMedia.com, the leading producer of news, information, and events dedicated to the business, technology, and content of streaming media, announced its annual Streaming Media West Conference and Exhibition is being held November 18–19, with preconference seminars on November 17, at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Now in its 17th year, the Streaming Media West show will feature the latest technology, platforms and deployments of OTT platforms by broadcasters, cable operators, and content owners. Topics, including 4K streaming, webcasting, cloud workflows, video monetization, codecs, and TV Everywhere, will be covered in how-to sessions, presentations and roundtable discussions. Confirmed speakers for the event already include Netflix, PGA Tour Digital, Fox Networks, DIRECTV, YouTube, Yahoo, The New York Times, Roku, Warner Bros., and many more being added.
Taking place in conjunction with the Streaming Media West show, the special Streaming Media Producer Live conference offers a talented lineup of online video production experts presenting lively and interactive sessions on an array of key technical and strategic topics, ranging from “Gearing Up for 4K Production” to “How to Build an Amazing In-House Video Team.” Producer Live program chair Steve Nathans-Kelly notes, "We're thrilled to welcome veteran producer and video instructor extraordinaire Anthony Q. Artis, author of the Shut Up and Shoot and Down & Dirty DV book series, who will kick things off with a keynote entitled, 'The Freelance Videographer's Guide to the Universe.”
Both conferences will offer many “how-to” sessions, taught by some of the industry’s leading instructors, giving attendees step-by-step instructions on various technical aspects of the industry. Don’t just hear about these technologies—come see them in action!
The 2014 Streaming Media West show will feature 100-plus speakers across more than 40 sessions and workshops and will include the following presentations:
• On-Premises Or in the Cloud: Choosing the Best Live Video Workflow
• Best Practices for Webcasting Sporting Events
• Netflix’s Video Workflow: Transcoding, Codecs, and 4K Streaming
• How YouTube Lost at Becoming the Next TV Network
• Designing the Right OTT Workflow for Premium Content Owners
• HOW TO: Building a Chromecast Application
• Streaming Live Events When There Is No Room for Failure
• The Business of Building an Enterprise Online Video Network
• HOW TO: Multi-Cam Shooting, Editing, and Delivery on an iPad
• TV Everywhere Trends and What It Means for the Future of Television
• Using YouTube for Original Content Distribution
• HOW TO: H.265 vs. H.264: Choosing the Best Options
• Content Management Strategies for Enterprise Content Platforms
• Measuring the ROI on an HEVC Deployment
• Best Practices for Search & Discovery in a Connected World
• HOW TO: Producing and Distributing HEVC
• Replacing Flash: Adaptive Streaming and DRM in HTML5
• Streaming Deployment Architectures in Higher Education
• HOW TO: Building Enhanced Video With JW Player
• The Risks and Rewards of Employee-Generated Video
• The Business of Delivering Multi-Platform Content
• HOW TO: Building a Streaming HTML5 Video Player
• Using Media Optimization to Improve Streaming Performance
• Building Streaming Apps: Choosing the Right Devices & Platforms
• HOW TO: Changing Viewer Engagement With Second Screen Experiences
• Building an Immersive Online Television Experience
To register to attend the 2014 Streaming Media West and Producer Live conferences and exhibition, go to streamingmedia.com/west or phone 800-300-9868.
Media registration is open to working journalists and analysts with commercial news organizations and research firms. To register for FREE, please go to streamingmedia.com/Conferences/West2014/Newsroom.aspx
About StreamingMedia.com Events
StreamingMedia.com's conferences and expositions are the largest and most prestigious events in the world focused on the business of video and audio on the internet. Bringing together leading companies and technologies, StreamingMedia.com events are the industry's meeting place for streaming media professionals who want to learn, network, and make business deals. Executives and decision makers from all over the world attend these annual events in New York, California, and London. Focused on the "business" of streaming media in the media and entertainment, enterprise, education, and broadcast sectors, these shows are the industry's leading forum, bringing together digital media experts and professionals in order to exchange ideas, strategies, and success stories.