StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases --- Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Please read our new press release policy, effective February 1, 2022.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
2023 Outlook Survey: Ad Spend, Opportunities, and Strategies for Growth
The 2023 Outlook Survey was conducted by IAB to provide the digital ad-supported ecosystem with a forward-looking view into the 2023 ad spending marketplace (including both spend levels and strategies) being projected by buy-side ad investment decision-ma
New York, New York(17 Nov 2022)
On November 17, IAB released its “2023 Outlook Survey: Ad Spend, Opportunities, and Strategies for Growth” report. The study asked the buy-side ad investment decision makers (brands & agencies) about their 2023 ad spend outlook.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the report:
- 2023 Outlook: Ad Spend
- 2023 overall ad spend is projected to be up 5.9% YoY
- Although most categories are projecting ad spend growth in 2023, the growth will not be uniform:
- B2B (+20.8%), travel (+20.6%), restaurants/beer/liquor/wine (17.1%), and financial services (11.1%) are projected to post double-digit growth YoY while other categories are projected to be down, flat, or post single-digit growth
- Led by CTV(+14.4%), every digital channel is projected to see ad spend growth in 2023 while traditional channels will decline YoY
- 2023 Outlook: Opportunities and Strategies for Growth
- Customer acquisition is by far buyers’ top goal for 2023 media investments (61%), followed by increasing brand equity (43%) and improving media efficiency (35%)
- More than half of buyers (52-55%) expect to focus more time and resources on measurement, MMM, 1P data, and creators in 2023
- Over 6-in-10 buyers (63%) will more frequently reforecast media plans in 2023, most of whom will do so at least monthly
- Deep Dive: Retail Media Networks (RMNs)
- 6-in-10 buyers (61%) are investing or considering investing in RMN advertising
- Among those currently investing:
- 2023 RMN ad spend is projected to be up 28.4% YoY
- RMN ad investment is spread across multiple partner types, which includes aggregated marketplaces (82%), retailer owned (75%), and e-commerce owned (64%)
- Onsite (O&O) ad investment is by far the top RMN ad tactic being leveraged (by 91% of RMN buyers)
- Deep Dive: Metaverse
- More than half of buyers (56%) are investing or considering investing in metaverse advertising/marketing
- Buyers’ top reasons for metaverse advertising investment are building brand awareness (52%), engaging existing customers in a new way (48%), boosting brand perception (46%), and reaching hard-to-find audiences (42%)
- Buyers not investing in metaverse advertising cite multiple reasons for their lack of investment, including the nascency of the space (41%) and it not being a good fit for their audiences (37%) and brands (35%)