Product Spotlight: NETINT Codensity T400 Video Transcoder
Codensity™ T400 Video Transcoders offer high quality, scalable encoding for live video streaming, through a unique combination of ASIC-based encoding densities and economics, with the scalability of NVMe cloud storage infrastructure.
Each Codensity T400 module leverages ASIC-based H.264 AVC and H.265 HEVC video processors which deliver high quality encodings up to 4K UHD resolution, at a lower price point compared to alternative encoding architectures. The result is a significant improvement in processing density, while driving down costs, rack space, and power requirements.
NVMe is a high performance interface for controlling storage devices. The Codensity T400 Video Transcoder is designed to the same NVMe standard, so that dense encoding capacity can be built using NVMe servers, each hosting multiple Codensity T400 plug-in modules.
To streamline integration, the Codensity T400 solution includes a FFmpeg compatible SDK, allowing service providers using FFmpeg to apply a libavcodec patch in the NVMe host server to achieve quick and significant encoding capacity upgrades.
Product Target Markets
The Codensity T400 Video Transcoder solution is ideal for any live video streaming business with a growing volume of VOD or live video content that needs to be encoded for a variety of bandwidth conditions and playback screen resolutions, from 4K UHD TVs down to smaller screen
tablets and smartphones. Target markets include:
- Live video content producers or streaming service providers looking to minimize distribution and encoding costs while maintaining video encoding quality.
- CDN and cloud computing service providers looking to increase encoding processing capacity with less capital, rackspace, and opex.
- Media companies looking to prepare encoding ladders at scale, for distribution to subscribers using a variety of playback devices.
VIDEO PROCESSING FEATURES
- Codec Support: H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC
- Resolution and Throughput: Up to 4K UHD @ 60 fps
- Capacity Use Cases (per T400 module)
- 8 sessions of 1080p30 H.264 AVC to H.265 HEVC transcoding (supports more sessions at lower resolution), or
- 4 profiles (e.g. 4x 1080p source inputs, each processed to 9-step encoding ladder outputs)
- Low predictable latency, even at full load.
- Power: Only 6W per module (typical)
- Form Factor: 2.5" U.2 (SFF-8639)
- Interface: PCIe 3.0 x4
- Protocol: NVMe
- Scalability: Using NVMe servers, each hosting multiple T400 plug-in U.2 modules
- Integration: Codensity T400 FFmpeg/libavcodec patch completes integration with FFmpeg running on NVMe servers.
This article is sponsored by NETINT Technologies.
W W W. N E T I N T . C A / C O N T A C T - U S | S A L E S @ N E T I N T . C A
This article is Sponsored Content