Join Us for the Advanced Encoding for OTT Webinar on Dec. 15
Looking for insights into the latest trends in video encoding and transcoding for OTT delivery? Join Streaming Media and Streaming Learning Center's Jan Ozer, Beamr's Dror Gill, and Harmonic's Elie Sader for our "Advanced Encoding for OTT" webinar on Thursday, Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.
Gill and Sader will address the challenges of bringing broadcast-quality video to every device via OTT over congested networks while conserving capital and operational costs, as well as look at the newest technologies and codecs that video services need to be aware of and methods for adopting adaptive encoding techniques into almost any video workflow.
After those short presentations, Ozer will join the other two speakers for a roundtable discussion, moderated by Streaming Media Editor Eric Schumacher-Rasmussen. The discussion will cover a wide range of encoding-related topics, including the following:
- How to improve quality of experience and decrease latency
- How new compression techniques can help you increase video quality while reducing bitrates
- Hardware vs. software vs. cloud encoding
- Offline vs. just-in-time encoding
- Centralized vs. edge encoding
- The impact of 4K, 8K, and VR on network congestion, and how encoding techniques can help
- The "codec wars": H.264 vs. HEVC/H.265 vs. VP9 and AV1
We'll follow that time for questions from the audience. Bring your questions to the event, or submit them as comments below this article.
Click here to register for the webinar.