Telestream Launches Wirecast 5 , Improves Live Video Streaming
Transcoding company Telestream chose the first day of the IBC exhibition to launch the latest version of its Wirecast live streaming production software. Version 5 ties in with Telestream's goal of improving the complete live streaming workflow, and offers user interface, encoding quality, and screen capture improvements.
Highlights of Wirecast 5 include:
- An improved user interface that offers more keyboard shortcuts, as well as improvements to the shot bin.
- x264 live video encoding: Telestream promises high quality with low bit rates.
- Screen capture that lets broadcasters stream multiple application windows from one computer, or capture a screen in high-definition with 60 frames per second.
- Smoother playback for pre-recorded H.264 videos.
- Web stream plugins that let broadcasters use an IP or streaming live feed as a source, and that support RTMP, RTSP, MMS, and HTTP. With this, a Wirecast live stream can use a source for another Wirecast, the company notes.
- The ability to send live feeds directly to post production with an output program feed that permits output to Blackmagic Design Intensity and DeckLink capture cards.
- An optional stream delay that adds a buffer between a live stream and its broadcast, giving the broadcaster a way to prevent mistakes from going out live.
Wirecast 5 will be available sometime in the third-quarter of this year, Telestream says. For a demo, visit IBC stand 7.C12.
MacCaption and CaptionMaker now offer simplified configurations, more features, and competitive pricing.
Company teamed with MulticoreWare to help develop and promote an H.265/HEVC codec, building on the success of the x264 codec, and already claims encouraging data rate reductions for encoding
Transcoding specialist will also show off Vantage 6, the latest version of its transcoding and workflow title.
Companies and Suppliers Mentioned