Live Streaming Summit Joins Streaming Media West Offerings
Live streaming is one of the hottest topics in online video, and so we're announcing the Live Streaming Summit—a brand-new two-day event produced in conjunction with Streaming Media West this November in Huntington Beach, Calif.
While other industry events focus on event video production, or touch on the live streaming workflow, the Live Streaming Summit focuses entirely on the technologies and strategies required to take large-scale live event and live linear video and deliver it to viewers watching on all manner of devices—computers, tablets, mobile phones, set-top boxes, and smart TVs. No matter what content area you might be working in—entertainment, news, sports, gaming, worship, or live linear channels—we've got you covered with two days of panel discussions and presentations focusing on best practices and insights in seven topic areas:
- Best practices for backhaul, transmission, and ingest—satellite, fiber, cellular, and more
- Encoding and transcoding—on-prem, cloud, and hybrid
- Management—metadata, content protection, stream stitching, and preparation for syndication and post-event VOD viewing
- User experience—video players, APIs, clip sharing, and social media integration
- Monetization—advertising, subscription, and pay-per-view
- Distribution—content delivery networks, real-time analytics, QoS, and QoE
- Post-event evaluation—how to determine if your event was a success
We'll also feature case studies from leading content publishers and service providers highlighting real-world success stories. If you are a technical or business decision-maker whose job depends on delivering successful large-scale live events, then the Live Streaming Summit is a must-attend conference.
If you're interested in presenting or speaking on a panel in one of the above topic areas, submit a proposal via our Call for Speakers page before August 31. I'll be chairing the program; please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, and please include "Live Streaming Summit" in the subject line.
Registration for the Live Streaming Summit opens soon, with early bird rates good that will be good until October 16.
If you're interested in sponsoring the event, contact Joel Unickow at email@example.com.