YouTube TV Now Available on Roku Devices
Live TV Content Available Starting Today
LOS GATOS, Calif.(01 Feb 2018)
Roku Inc. (Nasdaq: ROKU) and YouTube today announced the availability of YouTube TV on select Roku devices. YouTube TV allows Roku users to stream live sports, local and national news, and must-see shows the moment they air on live TV.
For $35/month following a free trial, users will get access to live TV from nearly 50 networks including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW, Disney Channel, ESPN, FX, Telemundo and more. Sports and premium networks like SHOWTIME, Shudder, Sundance Now and Fox Soccer Plus are also available for an additional monthly charge.
“We are thrilled to bring YouTube TV to our customers,” said Tedd Cittadine, Vice President, Content Distribution, Roku. “YouTube TV connects Roku users with great live TV from major broadcast and popular cable networks in a channel built specifically for TVs.”
“We love TV—from the shows to live sports to the can’t miss events. We built YouTube TV to give consumers a better way to experience this great content,” said Christian Oestlien, Product Management Director, YouTube TV. “The way people watch TV is ever-evolving, and expanding our reach through the Roku platform was a great fit.”
Some additional YouTube TV features available on Roku include:
- Cloud DVR with no storage limits
- “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
- “Home” tab with personalized recommendations, including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home!) and more
- “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
- Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
- Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations
Currently, YouTube TV is available in over 80 metro areas. YouTube TV is available in the Roku Channel Store now.
About Roku, Inc.
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV OEMs and service operators. Roku is headquartered in Los Gatos, Calif. U.S.A.