Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro Deliver High-Quality, Custom-Branded Live Streaming to Audiences of Any Size, on Any Device
Wowza Continues to Lead the Way in Live Streaming With Unmatched Brand Control, Flexibility and Economics
Golden, CO(13 Apr 2015)
Wowza® Media Systems, LLC, provider of Simply Powerful Streaming™ technology, today unveiled Wowza Streaming Cloud™ and Wowza Streaming Engine™ Pro -- increasing the power and ease of streaming online video and extending flexible options to organizations looking to stream live content. With these new offerings, customers can use Wowza Streaming Cloud with existing configurations of Wowza Streaming Engine or third-party equipment and solutions to meet their unique streaming requirements and maintain full control over video content.
Wowza Streaming Cloud gives both new and experienced users access to professional-grade, live streaming. Preconfigured settings help users get started in minutes, while advanced options allow power users to create tailor-made solutions with the utmost control and flexibility. Customers can stream directly from cameras or encoders without the need for additional streaming infrastructure. Wowza Streaming Cloud customers spanning all industries, including Ryerson University's Faculty of Communication and Design, UnityLiveStream and Magek Filmworks are using its flexible technology to engage audiences across the globe.
"With Wowza Streaming Cloud, Wowza has developed its most flexible solution yet for making live streaming video a realistic option for organizations of all sizes, across all industries," said Steve Vonder Haar, senior analyst at Wainhouse Research. "By enabling a broader range of content producers, service providers and vendors to easily and cost-effectively stream live content to engage audiences worldwide, Wowza Media Systems is fast becoming a practical resource for end-to-end live streaming services."
Wowza further disrupts the video streaming market with the introduction of Wowza Streaming Engine Pro, which combines the power of Wowza Streaming Engine with Wowza Transcoder, Wowza nDVR and Wowza DRM functionality in a groundbreaking economic package. Wowza Streaming Engine Pro's unlimited transcoding feature puts live adaptive bitrate streaming within reach of every user by eliminating per-channel transcoding costs.
Now customers can use Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro to implement end-to-end streaming or build a customized solution with individual components. With Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro, customers benefit from:
- High-Quality Video: Using adaptive bitrate technology, Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro deliver engaging, high-quality experiences regardless of users' bandwidth and devices. Wowza Streaming Cloud includes a content delivery network (CDN), so users know their video will work no matter the size or location of their audience.
- Brand Control: Unlike competing offerings, Wowza Streaming Cloud gives customers complete control over their content and brand without imposing ads or Wowza branding.
- Flexibility: Typically, organizations have to decide between either owning the entire video streaming process from top to bottom or outsourcing everything. However, the best strategy is often somewhere in between. With Wowza, customers can mix and match Wowza and third-party components to meet their individual needs for economics, flexibility and control.
- Advanced Features: Flexible APIs for both Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro allow users to leverage existing systems and business processes or add customized streaming services as needed. Advanced features include access to transcoding in the cloud, customization for CDNs and system logs.
- Disruptive Pricing -- Pay for Only What Is Needed: Wowza delivers unmatched value. With Wowza Streaming Engine Pro, customers pay one price per server, which includes unlimited transcoding, nDVR and DRM functionality. Wowza Streaming Cloud customers can access all available features and easily scale up and down as their audience size and frequency of streaming fluctuates. Additionally, no long-term commitment is required and various plans are available to suit a wide range of needs.
"Businesses that stream live content demand solutions that can adapt to meet their ever-changing streaming needs, while consistently delivering high-quality video," said David Stubenvoll, CEO and co-founder of Wowza Media Systems. "Now with Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine Pro, customers can stream professional-quality content to global audiences with a personalized solution that is the perfect mix of economics, control and flexibility."
To learn more about Wowza Streaming Cloud, visit http://www.wowza.com/products/streaming-cloud. For additional information about Wowza Streaming Engine Pro, visit http://www.wowza.com/products/streaming-engine.
About Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems, LLC (www.wowza.com), enables organizations to harness the power of audio and video streaming to any device, anywhere. Customers around the globe count on innovative and award-winning Wowza technology to build, deploy, and manage customized streaming solutions that deliver high-quality live and on-demand experiences. As a member of the Streaming Video Alliance, Wowza is committed to creating deeper collaboration across the entire online video ecosystem. Wowza is privately held, and headquartered in Golden, Colo.
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+wowza/posts