Vimeo's OTT Platform VHX Launches In-App Subscriptions
New Feature Enables Sellers to Convert Apple and Roku Users to Paying Subscribers
NEW YORK(26 May 2016)
Today Vimeo’s white-label video solution VHX announced the launch of in-app subscriptions for partner branded over-the-top (OTT) apps. The new payment feature enables viewers to seamlessly subscribe on their Apple TV, iPhone, iPad and Roku devices. The release opens doors to Apple, which accounted for 40% of the US smartphone market in 2015 and continues to dominate streaming media devices with its cumulative sale of 37 million Apple TV units since 2007, giving video sellers the ultimate opportunity to gain more subscribers and grow their video business.
“We’re excited to help our sellers tap into the Apple and Roku app marketplaces, where the potential for discovery and subscriber conversion is huge. We’ve already seen success with one of our top sellers — viewers who find their app in the app store are 33% more likely to start a free trial than viewers on the web,” says Casey Pugh, Co-founder and Head of Product at VHX.
Benefits for video sellers with OTT apps:
- Robust Pricing Options – Sellers can offer flexible free trial lengths to customers for both monthly and annual subscriptions.
- Industry Leading Economics – Best-in-industry revenue share. For in-app subscriptions the seller is charged: $1 / subscriber / month (+platform fees). Platform fees are as follows: Apple (30% fee) and Roku (20% fee).
- Subscriber Growth – Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Roku users can subscribe to a video network directly in apps, making it even easier for sellers to acquire new customers.
- Seamless Payments & Customer Retention – Apple accounts include saved credit cards, a one-click checkout experience, and globally-accepted foreign currencies, making subscriber retention easy.
- Easy Discovery – Sellers have the opportunity to be discovered and potentially featured in both Apple and Roku marketplaces.
Sellers currently launched with in-app subscriptions in the Apple and Roku app stores includeMHz Choice, one of the largest foreign-language video channels in the US, popular YouTubersBlack&Sexy TV, and Yoga with Adriene. Android in-app subscriptions are coming soon.
For more information, please visit: https://www.vhx.com.
Vimeo’s mission is to empower creators to make, share and sell amazing videos directly to viewers worldwide, in the highest quality possible with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo is home to the world’s leading video creators and the hundreds of millions of viewers who love them. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, Inc. is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
VHX is a technology platform created for anyone who wants to build a video business. Acquired by Vimeo, Inc. in May 2016, VHX provides an end-to-end technology solution that enables businesses, big and small, to sell content directly to their audience from their own websites and apps. VHX sellers get total control of their content, distribution, and customer data, so they can market effectively to their audience, scale quickly, and keep more revenue. Thousands of VHX sellers have sold over $9M of video content to over 1.5 million happy customers.www.vhx.com.