V-Nova demonstrates why it has to be Perseus at IBC 2016
On-stand demonstrations of business models and deployments that are only economically or technically viable thanks to V-Nova Perseus show why it has to be Perseus at IBC 2016
London(18 Aug 2016)
V-Nova Ltd., a global software IP company that delivers game-changing video and data encoding solutions, today announced that visitors to IBC 2016 will see how V-Nova Perseus video encoding software is the only commercially available encoding technology that can deliver economic and technical success for many projects and businesses, today. By supporting UHD video delivery at HD bitrates, HD at SD and SD at sub-audio rates on current infrastructure and deployed devices, V-Nova Perseus turbocharges video delivery for service deployment in mobile video, TV everywhere, IPTV and video contribution and production.
By reducing the bandwidth required for high-quality mobile video services, V-Nova Perseus boosts customer experience, peak viewing performance and customer reach, taking video quality well beyond the generally accepted limitations of the current data networks and deployed user devices.
The IBC demonstrations in Stand 14.K17, Balcony Suite BM15 in Hall 1 and multiple partners’ stands will include:
- Mobile VoD platforms: The on-stand demonstrations include the use case of FastFilmz in India, who uniquely deployed Perseus to provide quality video streaming over the 2G networks that 70% of the region’s consumers use for Internet access. Just in its launch Tamil language South Indian region, V-Nova has enabled FastFilmz to expand its total addressable market from 30 million to 120 million consumers. Thanks to its better user experience and lower data rate cost per minute, fastfilmz is expanding its user base at unprecedented pace and demonstrated notable increases in mobile data consumption per user, proving the case for latent mobile video demand.
- Live Full HD sports over mobile: V-Nova Perseus boosts peak viewing performance in the most demanding applications and conditions, such as spikey demand on unreliable mobile networks, delivering high quality full 1080p HD video to mobile devices at < 1.5 Mbps
- IPTV distribution: The IBC demo proves how V-Nova Perseus can extend service reach to existing deployed STBs by 8x or more, by means of a simple software upgrade. The on-stand case study is based upon the V-Nova Perseus deployment for Sky in Italy, which reduced the bitrate for its HD IP service from 8 Mbps to <4 Mbps for the same visual quality. The project enabled Sky in Italy to expand massively the reach of its IPTV service while boosting quality of service, reducing buffering times, improving encoding density and doubling PVR capacity. Critically, V-Nova Perseus enabled Sky in Italy to achieve this over their existing and deployed infrastructure and workflows.
- 4K contribution: The on-stand demonstration is based upon V-Nova Perseus powering the contribution of visually lossless 4K international feeds of the UEFA Euro Championship 2016 to Eutelsat for the launch of RAI’s UHD channel. The demonstration shows how Perseus enables the contribution of intra-only visually lossless 4K / UHD video alongside HD using today’s telco contribution circuits. This makes the contribution of live events in UHD/4K economically viable for day-to-day commercial services.
- VR / 360 video: V-Nova Perseus increases the quality and reach of new entertainment solutions in exciting new Virtual Reality and 360 Video. These applications need to transmit very high resolutions of video, at least 4K, to power mobile devices capable to display HD or higher.
“We are extremely excited about IBC 2016. While a year ago we were announcing integration on multiple Tier-1 platforms, this year we will be demonstrating the benefits that our solutions make to businesses. We’re increasingly seeing that V-Nova Perseus is the difference between deploying a service at scale today, with minimal investments, or waiting for years of costly infrastructural upgrades: for many projects it really does have to be Perseus,” says Guido Meardi, CEO and co-founder of V-Nova.
V-Nova will also take part in a number of IBC speaking engagements, including:
- IBC Future Zone (Hall 8): Video encoding to boost the value proposition of VR and 360 video, Saturday 10th September at 16:30 – 16:50
- IBC Content Everywhere Hub (Hall 14): Turbocharging video delivery, Sunday 11th September at 11:30 – 11:50
- IBC Business Transformation track (Emerald Room): ‘Is there a business case for UHD?’, Sunday 11th September at 17:00 – 18:00
In addition, V-Nova will be hosting a press event in room F004 on Friday 9th September at 13:00 – 13:45. To register, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner of the 2015 IBC TVB Europe Best of Show alongside a number of other prestigious industry awards since its launch in 2015, V-Nova Perseus encoding software solutions shift the entire bitrate quality curve to enable UHD quality at HD bitrates, HD at SD and SD at sub-audio rates, dramatically closing the gap between capacity needs and legacy compression technologies. This allows data and video to be transported, stored and secured faster and more cost-effectively, without requiring network upgrades. Used for contribution and distribution of video from SD to UHD, 8K, VR/360 and HDR, V-Nova Perseus enables customers and partners to improve quality, reduce costs, differentiate products, increase market reach, and provide new services; all within currently available bandwidth and infrastructure.
V-Nova is a London-headquartered software company providing advanced signal compression technology and software solutions to address the dramatic growth in global network traffic. V-Nova is at the heart of digitalisation, serving multiple industry segments, including TV & Media where it provides solutions spanning the entire media delivery chain, from UHD/4K contribution to distribution, to connected devices and set-top-boxes.