TVU Networks Releases Next Generation TVUPack Mobile Cellular Uplink Solutions, Introduces Enhanced Satellite Integration
TVUPack Enhancements Provide Users With Deeper Satellite Integration, Enhanced Resilience and Performance in Low-Latency Settings, and Improved Configuration Control
Mountain View, CA(09 Sep 2013)
TVU Networks, the global technology leader in IP video and live mobile electronic newsgathering (ENG) solutions today announced the release of the next generation TVUPack mobile cellular uplink solutions. The latest release of TVUPack, introduces a number of new enhancements including superior low-latency performance, improved configuration control and deeper integration with satellite systems including BGAN, Ka-band and Ku-Band satellites.
The award-winning TVUPack cellular uplink solutions feature many industry-leading features, including one button operation, fast start up, and unique dual encoding capabilities that give TVUPack the ability to simultaneously transmit a live video stream while separately recording the video in HD for store-and-forward. With TVUPack, field crews can maximize the use of available bandwidth from any source to ensure superior resiliency and picture quality, whether transmitting through the OB van or with the standalone backpack.
“Hundreds of the largest and most prestigious broadcast organizations around the world transmit thousands of hours of live video using TVUPack every day. TVU is a recognized industry leader for its ability to deliver innovative IP-video solutions to broadcasters, and with this release we continue to push the boundaries of what TVUPack is capable of,” said Paul Shen, CEO, TVU Networks.
In addition to its existing industry leading features, the next generation of TVUPack offers a number of new enhancements:
- Enhanced Low-Latency Performance and Improved Resilience – The latest generation of TVUPack offers enhanced performance at low-latency settings, enabling broadcasters to significantly reduce delay while conducting live interviews. TVUPack also delivers improved resilience with the system’s new bitrate auto-set functionality, which briefly samples available bandwidth for each transmitter and automatically adjusts the bit-rate to match the ideal setting for the available bandwidth.
- Deeper Satellite Integration – Since its initial release TVUPack has offered integration with satellite systems, enabling users to leverage the available bandwidth from satellite connections in addition to cellular data. The latest release of TVUPack delivers further optimizations for Ka-band, Ku-band and BGAN satellite connections, giving field crews the ability to seamlessly utilize bandwidth from satellite sources in addition to cellular networks. As part of this integration, TVUPack offers auto configuration functionality, enabling field crews to transmit video over satellite links faster.
- Improved Datacard Configuration Control – TVUPack enables users to control the configuration for each data connection in the TVUPack transmitter directly from the receiver end at the production facility. This allows an experienced operator in the studio to configure the Pack for inexperienced or busy users in the field.
- GPS Location Mapping for TVUPack Transmitters – With this advanced feature, the TVUPack receiver can collect GPS location data from each TVUPack transmitter in the field, providing the GPS location to each connected TVUPack. This functionality enables broadcasters to launch Google maps and provide the current location for each TVUPack in the field, enabling the studio to quickly locate a transmitter in case of a breaking news story and dispatch the video crew to cover the story.
- Return Video Feed – TVUPack can now work in conjunction with TVU Grid to deliver a live video return feed from the Grid Transceiver in the production facility to the TVUPack in the field. The feed can be accessed by any WiFi connected device with an Internet browser through TVUPack’s HotSpot, giving field crews the ability to remain fully-engaged with the studio or monitor other events while delivering live shots from on location.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, the TVUPack family of products gives broadcasters satellite and microwave TV truck functionality in a lightweight, portable and untethered form. TVUPack is simple to use and provides broadcasters with low-latency, HD-quality signal that enables them to broadcast live at any time and from any location. The TVUPack family of products has been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the World Cup, the London Olympics, U.S. presidential elections, FIFA Confederations Cup and the 2013 Papal conclave.
The next-generation enhancements for TVUPack will be available in Q4 2013. For more information about TVUPack, TVU Grid and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides broadcast organizations around the globe with innovative wireless electronic newsgathering (ENG) and Internet broadcasting solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvupack.com.