TVU Networks, the global technology leader in live mobile electronic newsgathering (ENG) solutions today announced the release of TVU MLink, a series of rack-mountable cellular uplink transmitters designed to deliver high quality professional live video transmissions from OB vehicles and remote fixed locations.
The TVU MLink product series delivers a complete versatile cellular ENG solution for OB vehicles and fixed locations that is designed to automatically aggregate multiple cellular, microwave and satellite connections together simultaneously to ensure that field crews have the necessary bandwidth to broadcast live real-time video in challenging environments. Additionally, like the award winning TVUPack, MLink combines a powerful VBR encoding engine with TVU’s proprietary Inverse StatMux transmission technology to deliver superior reliability, resiliency and picture quality to broadcasters.
The TVU MLink fixed transmitters feature a 1RU chassis that will be available in two different configurations. The MLink TE4200 transmitter can transmit live video over two Ethernet connections, WiFi and up to eight cellular modem cards simultaneously. This solution also includes multiple external antennas in removable or fixed roof mounted configurations designed to give ENG vehicles optimal resiliency. The MLink TE4100 features a single Ethernet port and VBR encoding, making it the ideal choice for fixed installations.
“TVU has a long history of providing best-in-class IP video transmission solutions to customers, and MLink further extends our ability to meet broadcasters’ needs. Broadcasters are continually looking for innovative ways to combine cellular, satellite and microwave transmission capabilities to ensure that they can capture any shot, regardless of location. MLink delivers that same best-in-class performance of the TVUPack while allowing users to aggregate all available bandwidth and not requiring only one type of connection at a time,” said Paul Shen, CEO, TVU Networks.
TVU MLink Transmitters offer a number of industry-leading features, including:
- Satellite and Microwave Integration – TVU MLink is fully integrated with satellite and microwave transmission systems, enabling transmission of a broadcast-quality HD signal regardless of cellular network conditions. MLink automatically aggregates all available bandwidth seamlessly, without disruption of transmission – even as satellite, microwave or cellular connections are added or dropped.
- Roof-Mounted Antenna – TVU MLink offers roof-mounted external MIMO antennas, which ensures the best possible signal strength even in challenging network environments.
- Ease of Use – TVU MLink goes live with just the push of a button and no manual in-field configuration is required. Field crews can manually control a transmission using the simple front-panel mounted keypad and monitor live transmissions from the LCD panel.
- Low Latency Transmission – TVU MLink can transmit live video with as low as sub-one second latency.
- Superior Performance – TVU MLink provides the same performance, quality and functionality as the industry-leading TVUPack cellular uplink transmitters in a rack-mountable form factor. Using TVU’s proprietary Inverse StatMux transmission protocols, broadcasters are able to aggregate multiple network connections simultaneously and transmit an optimized video stream that results in superior resiliency and picture quality.
Already in use by hundreds of leading broadcast organizations around the world, TVU’s award-winning IP transmission solutions give broadcasters live broadcast capabilities in a lightweight, portable and mobile form. TVU transmitters including the TVUPack, are simple to use and provides broadcasters with low-latency, HD-quality signal that enables them to broadcast live at any time and from any location. TVU solutions have been used to deliver professional-quality live HD footage of a number of important events around the world including the World Cup, the London Summer Olympics, the Sochi Winter Olympics, U.S. presidential elections, the 2013 Papal conclave and the recent unrest in Ukraine and Crimea.
For more information about TVU MLink, TVUPack and other TVU Networks solutions, please visit www.tvupack.com.
About TVU Networks
TVU Networks provides broadcast organizations around the globe with innovative wireless electronic newsgathering (ENG) and Internet broadcasting solutions. Since its founding in 2005, TVU has provided solutions that enable any size broadcaster to overcome the limitations of traditional broadcasting infrastructure, expand distribution to a wider audience and capture and broadcast live video content in a cost effective way. TVU Networks is privately held and is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif. with offices in New York, Boston, Raleigh, and Shanghai, China. More information about TVU Networks can be found at www.tvupack.com.