SiliconDust Unveils All-in-One TV Service for Cord Cutters that Combines Free Live Local Broadcast TV, Premium Cable TV Channels and DVR Recording into a Single Experience
In celebration, SiliconDust is offering customers free trials of PremiumTV and DVR and up to 30% discounts on select hardware during Black Friday
Pleasanton, CA(15 Nov 2018)
SiliconDust, the cord cutting pioneers behind the award winning HDHomeRun line of Home Network Connected TV tuners, today unveiled an integrated TV service designed to give cord cutters an all-in-one solution for multi-room, multi-viewer, multi-device TV viewing.
The service combines free live local broadcast TV, premium cable TV channels and a DVR service that gives cord cutters the convenience of a complete TV experience in a single app. Until now, cord cutters were forced to cobble together multiple services and applications to break free from their cable company. The SiliconDust service offers a new, simplified option.
“Our vision has always been to provide cord cutters with the best possible TV experience, starting with our HDHomeRun tuners. This marks our first big step toward an even better experience that combines all the key elements cord cutters look for into a single app,” said Theodore Head, President and CEO of SiliconDust. “We love options, and we know cord cutters do too. This service gives them another high quality option to consider that reduces complexity and improves convenience.”
SiliconDust, with its HDHomeRun tuners and new all-in-one TV service, is well positioned to capitalize on the growing cord cutting trend in America. According to recent research, millions of Americans continue to free themselves from cable TV services that limit choice and drive up costs. This year alone, the number of cord cutters in the U.S. is expected to grow 32.8% to 33 million adults.
The all-in-one experience is the combination of three key elements into a single app, viewable across devices:
- HDHomeRun Connect and HDHomeRun Extend tuner boxes that provide free live local broadcast TV, news, sports, and prime-time events in full native resolution.
- HDHomeRun PremiumTV subscription service that augments free live local broadcast TV with 45 top cable TV channels via the internet with no long term commitments. Currently available to U.S. customers, and coming soon to Canada, pricing for PremiumTV is $34.99 per month.
- HDHomeRun DVR service that enables recording and playback of both live local and premium cable TV channels on your terms, right in your own home. Pause movies in one room and restart in another room on a different device. Pricing for the DVR service is $35.00 annually.
The service marks the beginning of a new and ongoing focus on creating a best-in-class experience for cord cutters. Starting today, the following UI improvements will also be released:
- Horizontal Time Scrolling in the Discovery section of the app to improve content discoverability
- DVR and Live TV Start Screen options to give users the ability to choose what content they want to see when the app launches
- New DVR Task Management settings so that priority content is always recorded when scheduling conflicts arise
- Enhanced Padding Controls to ensure that users never miss the start or end of recorded shows and events
- Improved Search Functionality that allows users to search for shows and movies by title and keyword
- Quick access to the Settings Menu to allow users to more easily adjust and control their experience
In celebration of the new service, SiliconDust is offering new HDHomeRun customers a free two week trial of HDHomeRun PremiumTV and a two month free trial of the HDHomeRun DVR service. Also, participating retailers will offer the following hardware discounts for Black Friday (Nov 22nd – Nov 26th):
- HDHR5-2US HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO: Reduced from $99.99 to $69.99
- HDHR5-4US HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO: Reduced from $149.99 to $99.99
- HDTC-2US-M HDHomeRun EXTEND. Reduced from $179.99 to $149.99
SiliconDust USA, Inc. has always been a pioneer when it comes to TV tuner innovation, particularly for the cord cutting market. We formed in early 2007 as the makers of the award winning HDHomeRun® line of Home Network Connected TV tuners. Today, SiliconDust is rapidly fulfilling the aim of being the number one cost-effective TV platform of choice for cord cutters with our rich, multi-room, multi-viewer, multi-device TV viewing experience. With our Live Local Broadcast TV, Premium Cable Channels and a DVR to store it all, HDHomeRun offers a unified solution under one single app. A true all-in-one solution. We are continually pushing to reduce complexity and improve convenience staying true to our ethos of ‘TV your way, on your terms’. For more information about SiliconDust, visit www.silicondust.com.