Senior Brand Marketers & Top Media-Buying Executives Join Board of Advisors for IAB Digital Video Center of Excellence
Inaugural Buy-Side Leadership Council to Provide Insights on the Development of the Digital Video Advertising Marketplace
NEW YORK, NY(04 Jun 2015)
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and its Digital Video Center of Excellence today announced the center’s first Board of Advisors comprised of 19 high-level executives from blue-chip brands and leading agencies. This new group will provide insights and recommendations that will help propel digital video – including mobile, over-the-top, and all other platforms – as a dynamic medium for creativity in programming and marketing. Its counsel is expected to impact initiatives that will range across technology, content, measurement, consumer insights, and other areas, such as the NewFronts.
Individuals named to the Digital Video Center Board of Advisors include:
- Jordan Bitterman - Chief Strategy Officer, Mindshare
- Ari Bluman - Chief Digital Investment Officer, GroupM
- David Cohen - Chief Investment Officer, UM
- Mac Delaney – Senior Vice President, Programmatic, SMG Group
- Carl Fremont, Global Chief Digital Officer, MEC
- Marianne Gambelli - Chief Investment Officer, Horizon
- Jennifer Gardner - Director Media Investment and Partnerships, Unilever
- Jon Halvorson - Director, Global Media & Entertainment, General Motors
- Adam Kasper - Chief Media Officer, Havas
- Mike Law - Executive Vice President, Managing Director, Video Investment, Dentsu Aegis
- John Lisko, Executive Communications Director, Saatchi & Saatchi
- Kristian Magel - Chief Investment Officer, Initiative
- John Muszynski - Chief Investment Officer, Spark
- John Nitti - Chief Investment Officer, ZenithOptimedia
- Lou Paskalis - Senior Vice President - Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America
- Amanda Richman – President, Investment & Activation, Starcom WW
- Jonathan Schaaf - President, Digital Investment, Omnicom Media Group
- Adam Shlachter - Chief Investment Officer, DigitasLBi
- Julian Zilberbrand – Executive Vice President, Activation Standards, Insights and Technology, Zenith
“A deep understanding between media buyers and sellers is critical in overcoming challenges and finding opportunities in the digital video advertising arena,” said Anna Bager, Senior Vice President, Mobile and Video, IAB and General Manager of the Digital Video Center. “This new advisory board is being established to bridge the gap between the buy and sell-side – allowing for an open forum where discussion and debate can take place in the name of building a stronger foundation for digital video’s growth.”
Emphasizing the importance of these types of conversations, the buy and sell-side will be brought together on stage at the IAB Digital Video Marketplace conference on Monday, June 8, in New York City. The event will feature a special fireside chat on transacting for video between Advisory Board-member Mike Law, who will represent the media buying part of the equation, and Peter Naylor, Senior Vice President, Advertising Sales, Hulu and Chairman of the Board of the Digital Video Center, who will provide the publisher perspective.
“There is no question that digital video is garnering major consumer attention and that brands want to be a part of the experience,” said Law. “While the medium’s growth has been skyrocketing, meaningful discussions between marketers, agencies, and publishers will be vital if we’re going to tap into its full promise. With the establishment of this new Advisory Board for the Digital Video Center of Excellence, IAB is ensuring that these types of important conversations happen on an ongoing basis.”
"The voice of the buyer is something that we knew was critical to add to the conversation happening at Video Center, since we will be living with today's decisions well into the future," said Naylor.
For more information on the IAB Digital Video Center, go to http://www.iab.net/videocenter. And, to learn more about the upcoming IAB Digital Video Marketplace conference, please visit http://www.iab.net/events_training/2015/digitalvideo/overview.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. The organization is committed to professional development, elevating the knowledge, skills, and expertise of individuals across the digital marketing industry. The IAB also educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City.