RealNetworks' Updated Helix Media Delivery Platform Streams Any Media Type to Any Player and Device
Universal platform supports broadest audience reach to any playback environment including Flash, iPhone, iPad, Silverlight
Seattle(14 Apr 2010)
RealNetworks, Inc. (RNWK), the digital entertainment services company, today released a new version of its Helixä Media Delivery Platform with advancements that enable organizations to stream live and on-demand content in any format to any device.
Real's Helix Platform provides the tools to create, deliver, monitor, monetize, organize and play digital media. The latest update includes support for Flash, MP4/H.264, Silverlight, Windows Media and QuickTime on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and Symbian devices, creating a truly universal platform.
"Real's Helix Platform sets the industry standard, providing consumers with the highest quality digital media experience," said Kari Kailamaki, vice president for Helix, RealNetworks. "Our latest update makes Helix Platform the most reliable, universal and cost-effective solution for any media and any playback environment across all devices, including PCs, mobile phones and internet-connected TVs."
The Helix Platform's advancements include:
- Simultaneous content delivery from a single media source for iPhone, iPad, Flash Player, Silverlight, H.264 and RealVideo-simplifying video distribution for content owners
- A comprehensive set of tools that helps content owners monetize and control access to content, including enhanced client control, external authorization and streaming session logging, and management
- The ability to upload, tag, search and discover digital media quickly, particularly relevant in the education market
- Encoding into standard MP4/H.264 for maximum audience reach without requiring separate encoders to reach devices like the iPhone and iPad
- Support for rapidly building and deploying a compelling, customized mobile video viewing experience on mobile handsets supporting over 900 devices including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia with the new Helix Rich Media Client.
RealNetworks' Helix family of products is the market-leading software for encoding, delivery, management and playback of digital audio and video over mobile and broadband networks. With a reputation for reliability and world-class customer support, Helix is the choice of more than 100 mobile operators, many Global 1000 enterprises and the top universities. More information about Helix Products may be found at http://www.realnetworks.com/helixplatform.aspx.
RealNetworks, Inc. delivers digital entertainment services to consumers via PC, handheld device, home entertainment system or mobile phone. Real created the streaming media category in 1995 and has continued to lead the market with pioneering products and services, including: RealPlayer, the first mainstream media player to enable one-click downloading and recording of Internet video; GameHouse®, one of the largest casual games destinations on the Web; and a variety of mobile entertainment services, such as ringback tones, offered to consumers through leading wireless carriers around the world. RealNetworks' corporate information is located at www.realnetworks.com/about-us.