StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
Rdio’s International Expansion Reaches Spain and Portugal
More Than 12 Million Songs Available on Virtually Every Major Platform
SAN FRANCISCO, CA(22 Feb 2012)
Rdio (www.rdio.com), the digital music service started by the creators of Skype, today announced its launch in Spain and Portugal, bringing instant access to more than 12 million songs from both international and regional artists. Rdio is available on every major platform, giving users access to their digital music collections from anywhere, whether online or offline.
Rdio’s twelve million+ song catalogue is already being enjoyed by music fans in the US, Canada and Brazil and as of January 2012 Germany, Australia and New Zealand. The expansion into the Iberian Peninsula means that the 57+ million residents of Spain & Portugal can also listen to whatever music they want, whenever and as often as they want.
“Rdio’s philosophy is that music is inherently social, global and everywhere you want to be. This is why we are delighted to bring Rdio to new countries like Spain and Portugal,” said Drew Larner, Rdio CEO. “International expansion has always been a part of the Rdio roadmap as we share the DNA and relationships of our founders who turned Skype into an international success.”
Rdio is offering Spanish and Portuguese users a free seven-day trial. At any time, they can choose to upgrade to one of Rdio’s flexible subscription plans for unlimited music access and Rdio’s mobile apps.
Pricing and plans for Rdio in Spain & Portugal are:
- Rdio Web 4.99 EUR (web only)
- Rdio Unlimited 9.99 EUR (web + mobile)
- 7 day free trial of Rdio Unlimited for new users (only an email address or Facebook account needed to sign up)
Key Rdio Features
- More than 12 million songs and adding thousands of new songs every day
- Streamlined user interface for easy navigation and music discovery
- Search and instantly play any song, album or artist
- Listen to and manage your music from anywhere (web or phone)
- Play music even when you’re offline
- Access all the latest releases the day they come out
- Discover music from people you follow - friends, artists, music bloggers and other influencers
- Available across the Web, mobile and in-home
- Share music with friends on Twitter, Facebook and Last.fm
- Music recommendations based on your tastes
- Artist and label radio stations
- Custom and collaborative playlists
- Match your iTunes to automatically build your Rdio music collection
- Use Rdio while traveling abroad