On Back of Record Growth, Beamly Unveils 'Frictionless Fun' to Give TV Fans Easy Ways to Engage with Their Favorite Shows 24x7
Millennials Now Have '1-click' Experiences to Engage with Sentiments, Polls, Quizzes and Animated Stickers With Seamless Sharing Across Social Networks
NEW YORK(09 Apr 2015)
Beamly, the world's leading social discovery platform for TV, today announced a series of experiences that further meet the Millennial need to engage with their favorite shows 24x7. As more than 74% of Millennials now consume TV shows on-demand, these experiences cater to real-time participation any time of the day. Flexibility in these frictionless experiences mean they can be tied to TV shows, videos on line or even TV related articles.
The release of these new features comes on the heels of record growth for Beamly that has enjoyed a 11X lift in growth to 10.4m uniques since its relaunch, April 2014. A major driver of this audience growth has been success in offering a menu of 24x7 experiences that live across NBCU, Viacom and new partners, including video publisher sites.
"More than 90% of people on Twitter don't tweet," said Jason Forbes, Beamly CEO. "Frictionless Fun is the result of intense testing with Millennial and other TV fan segments to amplify the level of audience participation around the clock. For one primetime-show experience we just saw over 2m votes in less than 48 hours. This also gives TV Networks another set of capabilities that can be embedded in minutes on their site to drive audiences, active % engagement and monetization."
- Launching today, Frictionless Fun will mark the easiest way for fans to interact. Experiences include:
- 'Audience Sentimeters' – 1-click ways to express sentiment towards a TV show, 24x7, visually showing in real time how others fans are voting
- 'Sticker sensations' – 1-click stickers, emojis and icons, customized by TV show and topic that can be shared across the biggest social networks
- 'Interactive maps and polls' – 1-click, customizable maps and polls
- Plus, 'Creative Democracy':
- 'Contribution grid' across Beamly show pages that elevates a series of contribution options to the top of the page for easier user posting
- 'Quiz Creator' - Extending 'frictionless' and choice to content creators and TV networks with just 4 steps to create, embed and share any quiz
- Later this month, 'Throwback Pages'—an ode to the most popular shows of the past that have struck a particular chord with Millennials. This special section will offer users space to effortlessly connect and share nostalgic television content.
"Beamly is a game-changer for a die-hard fan like myself. I love to talk about TV, creating theories, piecing together clues from my favorite thrillers— Beamly gives me the easiest way to share this love with other people, interacting with fans and building my own following along the way," said Megan, a self professed Beamly Superfan.
Initial results from frictionless trials in February lifted audience engagement by 72% month on month, burnishing Beamly's position as the ultimate destination for TV fans. Every TV show on Beamly now includes it's own followable feed of news, interactions, and community conversation. Usage data has revealed that following multiple shows on Beamly turns fans into superusers, who on average visit Beamly for more than 500 minutes and 21 times per week.
Beamly is the world's leading content and social network for TV. Beamly was founded in 2011 by former iPlayer CTO Anthony Rose and EMI executive Ernesto Schmitt and is headed by CEO, Jason Forbes. The company is based in New York, London and Sydney, and is backed by Comcast, NBCUniversal, Viacom, BskyB and Network TEN. Explore BEAMLY at https://us.beamly.com