StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases --- Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
New Version of Unreal Media Server Adds Full Support for WebRTC Low-Latency Live Streaming
Unreal Media Server suite now provides full interoperability between WebRTC and industry standard streaming and playback systems.
Los Angeles, CA(12 May 2018)
Unreal Media Server's WebRTC implementation enables multi-user video conferencing; low latency playback of hardware-originated live streams (IP cameras and encoders) in web browsers on all OS and mobile devices; playback of WebRTC-originated live streams in conventional players and STBs.
Unreal Live Server supports transcoding between H264, VP8, VP9 video codecs and Opus, AAC audio codecs, enabling on-the-fly stream adaptation to/from WebRTC browsers.
New features in Unreal Media Server:
- Full support for WebRTC: ability to publish live streams via WebRTC from web browsers to Unreal Media Server; ability to play live streams from Unreal Media Server in HTML5 <video> element via WebRTC.
- Complete re-work of MPEG2-TS receiver: improved startup time and performance.
- New type of live rebroadcast: HLS receiver.
New features in Unreal Live Server:
- Support for QuickSync and NVidia H264 hardware encoding.
- New video codecs support: VP8 and VP9.
- New audio codec support: Opus.