Matrox and 1 Beyond Unveil StreamMachine DC at Streaming Media East
World’s first battery-powered multichannel live production streaming system gives internet broadcasters true portability
NEW YORK, NY(21 May 2013)
At Streaming Media East in booth 320, Matrox and 1 Beyond today demonstrated the industry’s first battery-powered multichannel live production streaming system, the 1 Beyond StreamMachine DC. Featuring the Matrox VS4™ quad HD capture and ISO recording card and Telestream® Wirecast® software, the unit is completely DC-powered including full control by an Apple® iPad®, an Android® tablet or a DC powered touch screen.
“With StreamMachine DC, internet broadcasting is no longer dependent on wired network connections or even AC power,” said Terry Cullen, CEO and founder at 1 Beyond. “Operators have full creative freedom to stream programs from anywhere 3G or 4G coverage is available using a standard WiFi hotspot cell phone connection. What’s exciting is that creative business people will now invent broadcast applications we’ve never even thought of!”
Key features of StreamMachine DC
· Fully functional Telestream Wirecast software “TV station in a box” operations including live switching, transitions, PIP, pre-recorded video playback, and graphics overlay
· Connect up to four professional SDI or HDMI sources and two USB cameras
· Matrox ISO camera recording tool records up to four inputs using the high-quality Matrox MPEG 2 I-Frame codec at up to 300Mb/s as well as DV, DVCPRO®, DVCPRO50 and DVCPRO HD® QuickTime files for use with popular editing apps from Adobe®, Apple and Avid®
· Simultaneous broadcast stream recording with Telestream Wirecast for archiving or VOD
· Up to 6 hours of operation with a single 1 Beyond IntelliBatt, Anton Bauer compatible, battery with LCD readout of “percent used” and “hours to go”
· Can also be powered by any DC source from 10 to 30 volts through a 4-pin industry standard XLR connector. An AC power brick is included for AC use with instant battery backup
· Instant power switching from battery to external (or vice versa) in case of low power or loss of power. This also allows for a battery change giving unlimited streaming time
· Streaming can be done from anywhere 3G or 4G coverage is available using a standard WiFi hotspot cell phone connection. Cell phone power can be provided by a powered USB.
· Full control of StreamMachine DC provided by an Apple iPad, an Android tablet or a 10.4” DC-powered touch screen
· Keyboard and mouse can be used with any of the readout/control devices
About 1 Beyond
1 Beyond designs and manufactures purpose-built professional video systems for all aspects of the workflow from production through post, streaming, media asset management and archiving as well as SAN storage. Our reputation is for innovation, ruggedness and high reliability at a fraction of the cost of traditional high-end systems. Our value leadership is built on constant technical innovation including 16 years of video-industry firsts. For more information, visit www.1beyond.com.
About Matrox Video
Matrox Video is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, channel-in-a box systems and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of multi-screen content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, telcos, cable operators, post-production facilities, videographers and A/V professionals worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visitwww.matrox.com/video.