The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the inaugural Board of Directors of the IAB Digital Video Center of Excellence, a unit of IAB devoted to promoting the development of the digital video medium. The wide-reaching composition of the board reflects a dynamic mix of top television brands, acclaimed digital video powerhouses, prominent print publishers, digital video technology leaders, and innovative interactive start-ups spanning the growing digital video programming and marketing spectrum. Individuals chosen for the Board are senior executives in sales, content and programming, distribution, advertising technology, product development, and general management.
The individuals named to the Board of Directors are:
- Adam Berliant – Executive Producer, Video and Entertainment Programming, Microsoft
- Brian Boland – Vice President of Ads Product Marketing, Facebook
- Jonathan Carson – Chief Revenue Officer, Vevo
- Tal Chalozin – Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder, Innovid
- Rahul Chopra – Chief Executive Officer, Storyful
- Kevin Conroy – Chief Strategy and Data Officer, and President, Enterprise Development for UCI, Univision
- Bill Day – Chief Executive Officer, Tremor
- Joe Dugan – Senior Vice President of Digital Sales, CNN
- Scott Ferber – Chairman and CEO, Videology
- Chad Gutstein – Chief Executive Officer, Machinima
- Jeremy Helfand – Vice President of Video Solutions, Adobe Systems
- Rebecca Howard – General Manager of Video, The New York Times
- Doug Knopper – Co-Founder and Co-CEO, FreeWheel
- Richard Kosinski – President, U.S., Unruly
- Ken Lagana – Senior Vice President of Sales, CBS Interactive
- Tim Mahlman – President and Founder, Vidible
- Marta Martinez – Global Head of Video Sales, AOL
- John McCarus – Chief Strategy Officer, LIN Digital
- Scot McLernon – Chief Revenue Officer, YuMe
- Erin McPherson – Chief Content Officer, Maker Studios
- Pooja Midha – Senior Vice President of Digital Ad Sales and Operations, ABC Television Network
- Peter Naylor – Senior Vice President of Advertising Sales, Hulu
- Suzie Reider – Managing Director, Brand Solutions, YouTube/Google
- Guy Yalif – Vice President Global Marketing, BrightRoll
- James Smith – Senior Vice President at Sony Pictures Entertainment Head of Digital Media Sales, Playstation and Crackle
- Jeremy Steinberg – Head of Sales, The Weather Company
- Dan Suratt – Executive Vice President, Digital Media and Business Development, A+E Networks
- Lisa Valentino – Senior Vice President of Digital Sales, Condé Nast
- Shereta Williams – President, Videa
Peter Naylor, Senior Vice President of Advertising Sales at Hulu, serves as head of the Digital Video Center of Excellence Board of Directors, and was instrumental in recruiting innovators and thought leaders to the inaugural board’s roster.
“With its broad membership and deep expertise spanning functions from technology to content, IAB is uniquely positioned to unite all parts of the video ecosystem. Our goal is to make and execute on decisions that will ultimately help marketers grow their businesses through digital video advertising and marketing,” said Naylor. “The breadth of high-level executives on the Digital Video Center’s board is reflective of the multifaceted nature of digital video today. This group of leaders will provide the types of insights and guidance that will help us successfully navigate the current cross-screen landscape.”
The IAB Digital Video Center and its board will leverage IAB’s internal resources and collaborate on guidelines, best practices, research, and marketing with the network of 43 national and regional IABs in Europe, Asia, Latin America, North America, and Africa, in order to help the borderless medium of digital video grow more seamlessly. The newly formed IAB Tech Lab will be instrumental in assisting in the development of digital video technical standards and solutions. The Center will also work alongside the IAB’s longstanding Public Policy office in Washington D.C. to advocate to legislators on behalf of the burgeoning medium.
“In order to fulfill digital video’s long-term promise of delivering powerful brand advertising at scale, it is imperative that we address key issues and challenges as an industry,” said Anna Bager, Senior Vice President, Mobile and Video, IAB, who serves as the General Manager of both the IAB Mobile Marketing and the Digital Video Centers of Excellence. “Pulling together some of the biggest names in the arena under the IAB Digital Video Center umbrella, alongside the wealth of resources that the IAB provides, will allow us to take the combination of sight, sound and motion to new heights for consumers and advertisers both.”
Established in November 2014, the Digital Video Center of Excellence supports the digital video arena by producing digital video advertising case studies, technical standards, research projects and creative showcases, and identifies emergent best practices in the field. The Digital Video Center of Excellence is based in the IAB’s New York headquarters at 116 East 27 Street. For more information or to learn how to become a member, please email email@example.com.
For more IAB digital video resources please go to iab.net/videocenter.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing programs. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. The organization is committed to professional development, elevating the knowledge, skills, and expertise of individuals across the digital marketing industry. The IAB also educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City.