Juniper Networks Acquires Rights to Service Management Layer of BitGravity's Content Delivery Technology
Strengthens Leading Content Delivery Infrastructure; Extends Commitment to Accelerating Delivery of Rich Media and Internet Video Content On-Demand
SUNNYVALE, CA 10/20/2011(23 Jan 2012)
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, and BitGravity, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Communications) (NYSE: TCL) (BSE: TCL) today announced they have signed a definitive agreement under which Juniper will acquire rights to the service management layer of BitGravity's CDN technology. Financial terms of the transaction are not being disclosed.
- Juniper plans to complement its award-winning Juniper Networks® Media Flow Solution with the service management layer of BitGravity's technology to enable service providers, online media companies and content delivery networks (CDNs) to deliver online content more cost-effectively while simultaneously improving the end-user experience and driving new revenue. Juniper anticipates delivering an integrated solution later this year.
- BitGravity has already been integrating Juniper's Media Flow Solution into its service management technology. By incorporating BitGravity's technologies, Juniper is well-positioned to deliver a comprehensive, industry-leading CDN infrastructure solution to its customers.
- Today's announcement reinforces Juniper's ongoing commitment to, and investment in, solutions that create value for customers looking to deliver rich media and Internet video content on-demand with maximum performance, efficiency and scale.
- Tata Communications continues to expand and strengthen its content delivery capabilities and streaming capabilities to address the needs of its media and enterprise customers.
- As video consumption continues to migrate toward online and mobile devices, innovative solutions are critical to delivering this content cost-effectively while providing a path to monetizing the delivery.
"Customers are experiencing exponential growth in online video traffic, with aggregate traffic doubling every six months according to leading analysts. Our service provider customers demand innovative solutions to improve the efficiency of content delivery and enable new revenue sources. This agreement with Tata Communications strengthens our content and media solution portfolio with a highly optimized and battle-tested service management layer. The integrated offering will enable our customers to improve their scale, drive down costs and grow revenue."
- Tom Fountain, general manager, Content and Media Business Unit at Juniper Networks
"The timing is right for this partnership because there is a growing need from service providers in this space. The combined technologies put Tata Communications and Juniper Networks in pole position to enable the carrier CDN industry. The agreement allows Juniper to offer this platform as a leading standard and paves the way for Tata Communications to grow its managed and communication services to the carrier industry. As the leader in global communications to service providers, Tata Communications sees this as a natural extension of its existing business and an opportunity to create further value for its customers."
- Perry Wu, senior vice president, Business and Strategy at Tata Communications and co-founder of BitGravity
"Tata Communications is redefining the user experience around the quality, performance and ease of manageability of content delivery. We have an innovative service offering that delivers all formats of web content and media streams to all types of end-devices, including mobile. Our leading BitGravity technology has made HD-quality content delivery a new standard for online experiences. This strategic agreement is a strong validation of our product and service deployment vision, and we are excited to work with Juniper to enable its customers to deliver an easy-to-manage, high quality online experience to their end-users."
- Mangesh Pimpalkhare, vice president of CDN Products and Services at BitGravity and Tata Communications
- Learn more about Juniper Media and Content Delivery Network Products:http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/content-media/
- Read more about Juniper on our blog: www.juniper.net/networkahead
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- Tata Communications on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tata_comm
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of a new world of communications. With a leadership position in emerging markets, Tata Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its global and pan-India network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and Indian consumers.
The Tata Global Network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs, and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and collocation space worldwide.
Tata Communications' depth and breadth of reach in emerging markets includes leadership in Indian enterprise data services, leadership in global international voice, and strategic investments in South Africa (Neotel), Sri Lanka (Tata Communications Lanka Limited) and Nepal (United Telecom Limited).
Tata Communications Limited is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India and its ADRs are listed on the New York Stock Exchange. (NYSE: TCL).
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' future products are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including unanticipated delays in scheduled product availability and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date set forth at the beginning of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this press release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release.