Jet-Stream Announces Expansion of Partner Program to Enhance Three Screens CDN Platform
New and expanded partnerships deliver support and services for VideoExchange, Jet-Stream's software-based CDN solution for service providers
Amsterdam -(10 Sep 2010)
Jet-Stream BV, the leading provider of content delivery network (CDN) solutions, today announced an expansion of its partner program for CDN deployment, giving service providers a large, diverse selection of hardware, software and other technology choices for launching their own three screens content delivery strategy.
When technology from these partners is combined with VideoExchange, Jet-Stream's software-based, on-network CDN platform for distributing content, service providers get a comprehensive, powerful solution for transporting content to all three screens, presenting a growing, money-making opportunity for these companies. VideoExchange's open platform also allows service providers to avoid any lock-in to an appliance-based architecture for content delivery.
With the partner program expansion, service providers now have a diverse and compelling selection of options to build and support their content delivery networks with the appliances and services that meet their specific content delivery requirements. By deploying their own CDNs, service providers can upsell premium services to subscribers, helping them differentiate their offerings from competitors, and monetize the distribution of online media and over-the-top content. Service providers also can offload traffic, allowing them to manage large amounts of content, and provide advanced wholesale hosting and delivery services to content owners.
"When you give service providers alternatives in the technology they use for their CDN deployments, they gain control over the management and use of their networks," said Stef van der Ziel, Jet-Stream CEO. "Our partners provide the tools that allow service providers to implement their own three screens CDN strategy, enabling them to evolve from triple play companies to 'open-play' providers of content to any device, at any time, in any location."
Jet-Stream's new technology partners are:
• Edgeware - A provider of distributed delivery systems, Edgeware offers hardware solutions for supporting CDNs. If service providers don't use off-the-shelf appliances for their CDNs, they can use Edgeware's technology.
• IBM, Ericsson - As service providers deploy a CDN, they can turn to IBM and Ericsson for systems integration help. Both companies provide consulting for architecture design and deployment and are available locally to support service providers as they launch a CDN.
• Adobe - The Adobe Flash Media Server family supports streaming video and real-time communications, allowing for the delivery of content by any operating system and to any screen.
• SkyTide - Content delivery services and digital media companies use SkyTide's reporting and analytics technology to gauge streaming traffic and usage.
• Peerapp - PeerApp's UltraBand media caching software enables service providers to minimize the impact of video traffic on the network while ensuring a premium end-user video experience.
• Wowza Media Systems - Wowza provides streaming media server software. The company's customers include service providers, enterprises, educational clients and government agencies that deliver video to computers, mobile phones and TVs.
• Kaltura - Kaltura has technology that allows Web sites to add video and interactive rich-media functionalities, including video management, searching, uploading, importing, editing, annotating, remixing, sharing and advertising.
• Ooyala - Ooyala's end-to-end video platform, Backlot, permits media and non-media companies to transcode, manage, publish, analyze and monetize their video assets.
• Divitel - Divitel designs, integrates and builds client-focused media applications. The independent systems integrator and solutions provider works with professional systems in the European and Caribbean DVB and broadcast marker.
Jet-Stream is the expert in the CDN industry. In business since 2002, the company helps its telco customers save money by offloading traffic, monetize CDN services and accelerate premium web, mobile, IPTV and OTT content.
Jet-Stream develops next generation CDN technologies. The company's cutting edge software is cost-effective and quick to deploy when compared to more expensive and inflexible hardware, DNS and caching-based CDN solutions.
Jet-Stream is a privately-owned and fast-growing vision leader. The company has been profitable since the start and has deployed more than 25 CDNs, with a record of 12 CDN deployments in the past year.
More on Jet-Stream is available at: http://www.jet-stream.nl.