StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
Fluendo Launches New ONEPLAY Multimedia/Streaming Product Suite
New York(27 Mar 2014)
Fluendo (http://www.fluendo.com/), a company that enables multimedia and video on a wide variety of devices and operating systems, has launched its new comprehensive ONEPLAY product suite. Now available for download for corporate users and resellers/OEMs, ONEPLAY provides a seamless and secure multimedia playback solution, the only professional multimedia suite fully compliant with numerous patents. The new ONEPLAY suite is comprised of:
- ONEPLAY player – all-in-one playback application able to play all formats and platforms, including Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, integrated with various DRM options. It includes all necessary patent licenses and fully certified and licensed DVD playback capabilities.
- ONEPLAY engine – a media player API leveraging the GStreamer SDK (an Open Source framework) and a codec pack which makes it easy to add GStreamer powered media playback on applications for all supported platforms (Android, Windows, Linux, MAC OS X, and soon iOS)
- ONEPLAY codecs – a compilation of GStreamer plugins for the GStreamer SDK that can be bundled with a user’s preferred application
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support on GStreamer – accelerated video decoders support VDPAU (NVIDIA), XVBA (AMD), VAAPI 8INTEL), DXVA (WINDOWS) and VDA (OS X).
- Adaptive streaming solutions – as one of the first providers of this solution, Fluendo’s ONEPLAY player includes DASH, Smooth Streaming and HLS, as adaptive streaming is becoming a mandatory requisite for TV solutions
“Fluendo enables digital media engagement worldwide by directly empowering devices and desktops,” said Muriel Paumier-Moscardini, CEO of Fluendo. “Our new ONEPLAY suite is built on the GStreamer platform, which allows us to support the open community while helping users and businesses experience optimal, legal multimedia consumption.”
Founded in 2004 in Barcelona, with offices in New York, Fluendo (http://www.fluendo.com/) enables multimedia on a wide variety of devices and operating systems. Fluendo employs several of the central developers of GStreamer, an Open Source framework which is quickly establishing itself as the de-facto standard multimedia framework for cross-platform software. Fluendo provides a wide range of products under and above GStreamer, including proprietary codecs (together with their respective patent licenses), a streaming server, and the Fluendo DVD Player.