StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases --- Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
DistroTV Delivering Olympic-Related Content
What to watch during the 2021 Summer Olympics on DistroTV
(08 Jul 2021)
- DistroTV is the nation’s largest, independent FAST (free, ad-supported, streaming TV) platform on the market. Home to 150 live streaming channels, it caters its growing, multicultural content lineup to a diverse, globally-minded audience in the US, Canada, and the UK.
WHAT TO WATCH:
- Magellan NOW (Channel #159): The Summer Olympics kick off in Tokyo July 23rd! Celebrate from the 21st through the 23rd with hits covering sports, competition and the Land of the Rising Sun.
- Whistle TV (Channel #130):
- Will be featuring the Road to Olympics marathon for a full week of Olympic coverage, as well as the weekend prior to ceremonies including the Countdown to Tokyo and Guide the Games (M-F 6-8pm ET - runs all month).
- No Season Off: This program is an underdog story with a twist about a 6th-grade basketball team in the Bronx which will premiere on July 9th with a 13 episode series on Saturday nights 8pm ET.
- Newsy (Channel #162): Will focus on the Olympics coverage and news highlights with out-of-the-box stories that tackle unique Olympics issues. Their programming will focus on compelling conversations around the Olympics such as: How does Covid impact the Olympics? Can breastfeeding women bring babies to the Olympic village? And so much more! This feature will run from July 23 to August 8th.
- Buzzr (Channel #167): Kicking off with the special feature, Nod to Olympics a game show featuring Olympic athlete contestants all month long. Watch great athletes sprint for Super Passwords, wrestle with surveys, and swim with the Sharks as they team up with great games and go for the gold! Buzzr will also be featuring Olympic-themed episodes of Family Feud, Super Password and CardSharks on BUZZR’s Fun Run – tune in for 6 hours of non-stop action on Saturday, July 17th starting at 2pm EST, exclusively on BUZZR.
- Journy (On Demand): Tune into Chicks on Board in July. This cinematic story is about the journey of female rebels on surfboards claiming freedom against all social odds – even if their passion, surfing, is a provocation of their culture.
WHERE / HOW TO WATCH: You can watch DistroTV free of charge. There is no need to create an account or sign up for a subscription. To become a viewer, simply install DistroTV on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS or Android for free and start watching, or watch it via the web on https://www.distro.tv.
WHY: DistroTV will be covering the celebration of the Summer 2021 Olympics before, during, and after the historic event. Since its launch in 2019, DistroTV has seen rapid growth concerning its breadth of content and global audience figures. Their Olympic coverage will focus on those global audiences and showcase the talent of all athletes competing in the games. The streaming platform focuses on building a robust network that delivers news, entertainment, music, sports, and lifestyle programming to audiences globally.