Digital Rapids Showcases Strong Partnerships and Expanding Ecosystem at the 2013 NAB Show
Digital Rapids solutions are being featured in booths including Dell, Dolby, DTS, Microsoft, Ross Video, Vanguard Video and Venera Technologies, while five more companies are announcing participation in the Kayak ecosystem.
NAB Show, Las Vegas, Booth SL5624(09 Apr 2013)
Digital Rapids is showcasing the company's strong industry partnerships and the ongoing expansion of the partner ecosystem for its highly-acclaimed Kayak dynamic workflow platform at the 2013 NAB Show. Digital Rapids' innovative media transformation and workflow solutions are being highlighted in a variety of booths around the exhibition floor, while five new companies are announcing their participation in the Kayak ecosystem.
"We're proud to be partnering with some of the industry's biggest names and innovators to showcase the powerful benefits of our combined solutions, and we continue to be thrilled by the tremendous industry support and excitement for the Kayak platform," said Brick Eksten, President and CEO of Digital Rapids Corporation. "We look forward to continuing to work closely with them as we bring the benefits of our collaboration to our mutual customers."
Industry partners highlighting Digital Rapids solutions at the show include:
- Dell -- The Kayak workflow platform is being demonstrated as part of the launch of the new Dell Create(tm) multi-vendor workflow solution being showcased at the 'StudioXperience sponsored by Intel' booth (SL9610). Dell Create combines Dell's open media architecture, hardware, services, security and support with best-of-breed partner solutions to provide customized multi-vendor workflows for content creators.
- Dolby(r) Laboratories -- Digital Rapids is being featured as part of an interactive partner display at the Dolby booth (SU1702). Dolby Digital Plus multi-channel audio encoding is supported within Digital Rapids solutions, while Dolby loudness correction with Dialog Intelligence(tm) will be featured in the future within the Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 media transformation software.
- DTS -- Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 is being shown creating UltraViolet(tm) Common File Format (CFF) media assets with DTS-HD(r) audio at the DTS booth (SU8514). Transcode Manager 2.0 enables streamlined UltraViolet CFF production workflows from encoding through packaging and supports DTS-HD profiles including the high-efficiency DTS Express(tm).
- Microsoft Corp. -- Kayak-powered Media Processors for Windows Azure Media Services are being featured at the Microsoft booth (SL5110). This combination helps users to build efficient, scalable, cloud-based media transformation applications and services that convert content assets into high-quality deliverables including professional interchange, archive, VOD and broadcast server formats, as well as consumer delivery standards.
- Ross Video -- Digital Rapids encoders are being showcased at the Ross Video booth (N3808) in demonstrations of the QuickTurn New Media Workflow option for the OverDrive automated production control system. The combination of QuickTurn and Digital Rapids encoding enables news facilities to quickly repurpose content from their linear productions for multiscreen distribution.
- Vanguard Video -- A preview of HEVC/H.265 encoding capabilities for the Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 media transformation software and Kayak workflow platform will be showcased at the Vanguard Video booth (SU12007). Vanguard's 'V.265' HEVC encoding technology will be available as a future Kayak component, enabling easy integration of the new compression standard.
- Venera Technologies -- Two new quality control options for Digital Rapids Transcode Manager 2.0 and Kayak will be featured at the Venera booth (N4039). PulsarBridge connects Kayak-based workflows with Venera's standalone Pulsar QC software, while PulsarK provides inline, ongoing QC analysis on a frame-by-frame basis, enabling in-progress workflows to adapt immediately to QC results.
Expanding the Kayak Ecosystem
The momentum and excitement surrounding Digital Rapids' Kayak workflow platform continue to escalate with five new companies participating in the Kayak partner ecosystem, including EvoStream, The Modern Video Company, nablet, Streaming Appliances and Vanguard Video.
"We're excited to be joining the Kayak partner ecosystem, which provides an ideal integration point and market opportunity for us to bring the benefits of our Evostream Media Server (EMS) to users of Digital Rapids' solutions," said Bryan Meissner, Chief Operations Officer at EvoStream. "The introduction of a direct interface to the EMS within Kayak-based media processing workflows will streamline the path from content production to publishing and distribution for our mutual customers."
"We're thrilled to be part of the Kayak ecosystem, and excited to bring our patented VIPER pre-conditioning technology to the Kayak platform," said Mark Reasinger, CEO of Streaming Appliances. "The Kayak ecosystem offers us tremendous new market opportunities by making our solutions easily accessible to Digital Rapids' top-tier, enterprise media customers."
Additional Kayak partners including Digimetrics, Manzanita Systems and PixelTools are also separately announcing availability or further details of their Kayak-based offerings.
A significant departure from other workflow technology approaches, Kayak enables media organizations to design, deploy and manage customized workflows that empower their businesses with the operational efficiency, agility and insight they need to thrive in the evolving media landscape. Kayak's component-based architecture and open development environment enable partners to make their technologies and solutions available directly within the Kayak framework, providing exceptional new levels of integration and efficiency while creating new market opportunities. Current Kayak ecosystem partners range from technology and solutions providers to systems integration specialists designing and deploying customized Kayak-powered workflows for their customers.
The complete range of Digital Rapids solutions is being showcased in booth number SL5624 at the 2013 NAB Show, April 8-11 in Las Vegas. For more information about Digital Rapids, please visit www.digitalrapids.com.
About Digital Rapids Corporation -- Digital Rapids provides market-leading content transformation and workflow solutions that empower the world's leading media organizations to reach wider audiences more efficiently, more effectively and more profitably. Recipients of more than two dozen prestigious awards for company and product excellence, Digital Rapids combines innovative technology with proven expertise and visionary insight to help our customers expand their audiences, increase their revenues, and reduce their costs. Digital Rapids Corporation (www.digitalrapids.com) is headquartered in Ontario, Canada with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Australia and Argentina.