DVEO to Demo IP Time Delay for 40+ Transport Streams at NAB 2012, Booth SU2114
Now shipping, the DelayServer IP™ is a broadcast quality IP gateway and “delaying” server with store and forward, for webcasting across multiple time zones. It re-streams 40+ MPEG-2 or H.264 standard or high definition IP transport streams, and plays the
San Diego, California(20 Mar 2012)
DVEO, the broadcast division of Computer Modules, Inc. (CMI), will demonstrate their new multichannel time delay system with IP input and output at NAB 2012, April 16-19 in Las Vegas, Nevada, in booth SU2114.
Now shipping, the DelayServer IP™ is a broadcast quality IP gateway and "delaying" server with store and forward, for webcasting across multiple time zones. It re-streams 40+ MPEG-2 or H.264 standard or high definition IP transport streams, and plays them back after a delay that is finely adjustable from seconds to hours. Capture and playback can be simultaneous on multiple streams. The delay time is accurate to the second on multi-hour delays. It can also be adjusted "on the fly". The input can be live, or users can receive input at a scheduled date and time.
"With the ability to time delay 40 or more independent IP streams at the same time, the DelayServer IP is an economical way for broadcasters to distribute programs across the world," commented Scott Grizzle, Product Manager for DVEO. "A single input can have multiple 'time shifted' outputs, so network operators can stream video content across multiple time zones. One of our customers uses it to show a European evening program hours later in the U.S., on a different delay for each time zone, so viewers can watch the program in the evening."
Scott Grizzle continued, "The system can also time delay a live stream while it is still being captured. For example, a live broadcast can be delayed from a few seconds to hours, and the delayed stream will play out while the live stream continues to be recorded. Broadcasts can be delayed from a few seconds to hours to weeks."
The DelayServer IP streams content to iPads, iPhones, content delivery networks (CDNs), and remote video capture devices. The system has been tested with several major brands of CDNs, and can also work as a network DVR. Supported resolutions include 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i, 480i, and custom resolutions.
Ordering options for the DelayServer IP include unicast to multicast conversion, and additional storage capacity for over 30 days of programming (depending on stream resolutions). The system is also available as an add-on option for DVEO's MultiStreamer™ and MPEG Gearbox™ systems.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Input: One GigE IP input (H.264, MPEG-2, or VC-1) – UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP, HTTP Live, FTP, RTMP (Open Flash), WMV9 with HTTP/ASF
- Schedulable input
- Outputs: Multiple delayed simultaneous IP streams (MPEG-2 or H.264) – HTTP Live (HLS), UDP, RTP, RTSP, HTTP multicast and unicast with transport stream envelope, HTTP Smooth, HTTP Dynamic, FTP, RTMP (Open Flash), or WMV9 with HTTP/ASF
- Supports M3u8 playlist files (standalone and through HTTP live)
- Input or output format can be MPEG-2 or H.264
- Capable of pulling the source streams over IP (UDP, RTP, RTSP, RTMP, adaptive, or HTTP)
- Supports up to 1.5 TB of storage for time delay – over 30 days of programming, depending on stream resolutions
- Can store and forward (time delay) 40 independent IP streams at the same time
- Supports multiple outputs at different time delays per single input
- Accurate to the second on multi-hour delays
- Simultaneously reads and writes with "on the fly" adjustment of delay time
- Built-in SSL VPN client for secure transport of streams across the internet or for traversing complicated networks. The tunnel is based on OpenVPN and it works for both multicast and unicast traffic.
- Resolutions: SQVGA, QCIF, QVGA, SIF, VGA, or any custom size up to 1080p
- Supports SD or HD input
- Up to 1080p HD output
- Tested compatible with major brands of IP devices including Amino™, Roku®, Atlanta DTH, and Apple iPad® and iPhone®
- Audio support: AAC, Embedded pass-through, Ogg Vorbis, optional MP3, or optional "SurCode for Dolby Digital" AC-3
- Settings are remembered when power cycled
- Based on embedded Linux® (via flashdisk)
- SNMP remote management with low power consumption due to Sandy Bridge Intel CPU
- Ships with one HLS streaming enabled – for instant QA of functionality
DVEO, DelayServer IP, MPEG Gearbox, and MultiStreamer are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Suggested Retail Prices:
DelayServer IP – Standard system with 250 GB Storage: $4,995 U.S.
DelayServer IP/1 TB – Optional 1 TB storage: $5,995 U.S.
DelayServer IP/1.5 TB – Optional 1.5 TB storage: $6,995 U.S.
DelayServer IP/IP – Unicast to Multicast Conversion: $250 U.S. in addition to system price
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or email@example.com. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815