Capture Summer With All-New Cameo by Vimeo Mobile App
Vimeo Introduces Rebuilt Mobile Video Creation App for Editing and Sharing Cinematic Videos
NEW YORK (19 Jun 2015)
Today, Vimeo launched an all-new version of Cameo, its powerful video editing app for iOS. Cameo empowers creators of all levels to easily edit and share beautiful, cinematic videos on their phone, just in time for summer.
“Mobile video creation has skyrocketed over the last few years and while there’s been a number of fun video apps entering the market, none compare to the simplicity and beauty of the all-new Cameo,” said Andrew Pile, Chief Technology Officer, Vimeo. “With today’s unveiling everyone from the professional video creator to the novice video enthusiast has the power to create gorgeous videos on their phones with just a few simple swipes.”
Highlighted updates to the new Cameo app include:
- Easy importing: Import video clips directly from your iPhone’s Camera Roll, without any restrictions on number of clips or length.
- Simple editing: In just a few swipes, arrange and rearrange clips, trim and splice them together, add captions and more.
- Faster editing: Local rendering for fast, offline video creation and ability to upload in full 1080p.
- Personalization: Cameo includes a wide variety of high-quality themes and soundtracks, which are updated frequently, to help videos look and sound their best.
- Share everywhere: The app makes it easy to export directly to Vimeo, or share on a wide variety of social platforms. Additionally Cameo’s community of creators will be featured prominently on Vimeo with a curated “Best of Cameo” channel, akin to Vimeo’s “Staff Picks.”
Originally launched in October 2013, Cameo was awarded Apple's Editor’s Choice and the App Store “Best of 2013” designations. Vimeo acquired Cameo in 2014.
Cameo by Vimeo is now available for free for iOS devices in the Apple App store here: http://on.cameo.tv/download-cameo-app
Vimeo is the high-quality online video platform, inspiring the world to share and discover videos worth watching. Vimeo provides creators of all levels professional quality tools to share, publish or sell video — with no interruptive advertising. Vimeo has over 35 million registered members and a global monthly audience of over 160 million people, making it the largest, open transactional VOD platform worldwide. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).