Wowza Media Systems™, the leading software and cloud-based services provider that continuously solves the complexities of high-quality video and audio streaming for organizations worldwide, today announced the availability of new features for its Wowza Streaming Cloud™ service and Wowza Streaming Engine™ software. Expanded product capabilities, including access to APIs and seamless integration with encoders, further power reliable streaming of high-quality video and audio to audiences of any size, on any device, anywhere. With these updates, customers continue to stay ahead of the curve with live video streaming techn ology.
"With Wowza Streaming Cloud and Wowza Streaming Engine, live and on-demand video and audio streaming is a realistic option for every organization. We continue to lead the industry with future-proof technologies that deliver flexibility, reliability, scalability and affordability," said David Stubenvoll, CEO and co-founder of Wowza Media Systems. "Seamless integration, increased access to APIs, insights into streaming stats, flexible pricing options and more make it possible to easily stream live content worldwide."
Highlighted features in the latest version of Wowza Streaming Engine include:
- Access to new APIs: Full access to the Wowza Streaming Engine REST API gives customers the ability to configure, manage and monitor media servers through HTTP requests. Additional enhancements to the Java-based API enable live-to-VOD clip extraction so users can easily extract clips based on specific start times and duration.
- Playback support for the HEVC/H.265 over Apple HLS: Additional support makes it possible to configure a template in Wowza Transcoder to transcode live video streams to HEVC/H.265 output renditions for delivery over the Apple HLS protocol.
- Affordable CDN delivery with Wowza Streaming Cloud: New option gives users the ability to shift transcoding workloads from Wowza Streaming Cloud to Wowza Streaming Engine for media server configurations that have high available bandwidth and sufficient processing resources.
With the latest feature updates to Wowza Streaming Cloud, customers benefit from:
- Improved viewer statistics: Deeper insights allow customers to better track usage statistics, viewer data and activity.
- Seamless integration with encoders: Easily connect to LiveU and XSplit encoders to send live video streams to Wowza Streaming Cloud for flexible, custom workflows.
- Affordable pricing models: New billing options are tailored for customers who are running 24x7 streams or need to pass their IP camera feed through to YouTube Live.
To learn more about these new features and see a live demo, register for the Wowza Product Update webinar on Thursday, Oct. 22 here: http://info.wowza.com/webinars-and-events.
About Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems is the leading software and cloud-based services provider that continuously addresses the complexities of high-quality video and audio streaming for organizations worldwide. Wowza delivers an award-winning, extensible solution set that provides unparalleled customization, configuration, and control for an unlimited number of streaming use cases. Its integrated, hybrid model empowers direct end customers, service providers, and an extensive worldwide partner network. Wowza's proven, patented technology enables organizations to expand their reach, more deeply engage with key audiences, and increase their monetization opportunities. Wowza has rapidly built a fan base of more than 19,000 customers, in 170+ countries, across all industries. The company was founded in 2005, is privately held and is based in Colorado. For more information, please visit www.wow za.com.