StreamingMedia.com Industry Announcements
View Press Releases Add Your Press Release
StreamingMedia.com provides this section as a service to its readers and customers.
Press releases are subject to approval by the editorial staff of StreamingMedia.com and may be edited or altered for length and clarity, or to remove unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims.
All content presented within the press release section is that of the submitter. StreamingMedia.com does not necessarily endorse such content and bears no responsibility or liability for its accuracy.
Sonic Foundry Transforms Enterprise Video Publishing and Capture with Mediasite 7
Delivers the most scalable enterprise video platform to date
LAS VEGAS, Nev., InfoComm Booth C9131 (18 Jun 2014)
Sonic Foundry, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the industry-recognized market leader for enterprise video creation and management solutions, today announced the latest version of Mediasite 7. Updates include a dynamic enterprise video portal and enhanced mobile capabilities.
Mediasite 7 is the most open and scalable enterprise video publishing and capture platform to date. Providing flexible publishing options and an expansion of our award-winning capture tools, the platform is designed to expand the reach and life of video content and ensure valuable knowledge-transfer is captured regardless of when or where it’s created.
New and enhanced features for flexible publishing include:
· Mediasite Showcase – An interactive video portal to curate, spotlight and share live and on-demand content. Showcase encourages content discovery with Mediasite’s powerful SmartSearch and social sharing. Its auto-curation workflows, channels, tagging and customizable layout enables users to quickly build their own enterprise YouTube. To experience Showcase first hand, visit sofo.mediasite.com/mediasite/showcase.
A complement to Showcase, Mediasite’s enhanced mobile app allows users to browse, search and watch any Mediasite video or Showcase both on and off cellular networks. Download the app here.
· Online Video Sharing – One-click publishing to YouTube, iTunes and iTunes U, maximizes viewership. SEO-friendly Mediasite content exposes the right metadata to search engines, improving search results.
Mediasite 7 democratizes enterprise video with best-in-class capture tools, including:
· Mediasite Recorders – New capture-solution offerings, including the RL100 and MultiView, are the most automated to date. Our family of purpose-built appliances is designed for applications calling for anything from a single video channel to four concurrent HD content sources, dramatically expanding the reach of Mediasite in any enterprise video deployment.
· Video Conference Recording Service – Extends videoconference endpoint capabilities by seamlessly capturing, archiving, streaming and managing video meetings in the cloud.
· Mobile Upload – Capture video on any mobile device and upload to Mediasite for searchable, secure and managed content.
“Mediasite gives us the flexibility to capture anywhere – from standard classrooms to lecture halls and from desktops to mobile phones. It’s that holistic approach that will not only support us as we scale, but also ultimately meet the needs of our faculty and students,” said Joseph Collins, educational technical services manager, North Hennepin Community College.
“The capture anywhere, publish everywhere nature of Mediasite has given us success scaling our deployment campus-wide. We’re working with faculty to support them as they record welcomes, syllabus review, expectations and book requirements so they can focus on teaching. As we roll into more technology-driven pedagogies, Mediasite allows us to support faculty as they grow their technology wings,” said Mona Aldana-Ramirez, director of student success, San Antonio College.
“The evolution of Mediasite is driven by our vision of scalable enterprise video deployments in organizations and campuses around the world. We’ve worked tirelessly to provide open platforms and seamless video applications that support the evolving expectation for open, flexible video,” said Rob Lipps, executive vice president of Sonic Foundry. “By eliminating the barriers to wide-scale video capture, publishing and management, Sonic Foundry helps organizations build powerful content libraries and more quickly realize the value of video as a transformational communication technology.”
More than 2,800 successful enterprises worldwide trust Sonic Foundry video management solutions. Mediasite Enterprise Video Platform transforms communications, training, education and events. Mediasite empowers organizations to reach everyone and accelerate knowledge sharing – preserving valuable content, building stronger teams and getting results.
About Sonic Foundry, Inc.
Sonic Foundry (NASDAQ: SOFO) is the trusted leader for video capture, management and webcasting solutions in education, business and government. The patented Mediasite Enterprise Video Platform transforms communications, training, education and events for 2,800 customers in 58 countries. The company empowers organizations to reach everyone through the power of video; accelerating knowledge-sharing, preserving valuable content, building stronger teams and getting results.