Exponential launches proprietary video formats to provide single brand experience across multiple screens
Exponential unveils ‘VDX’, a first look at scalable video formats producing ad experiences aimed to drive deeper, authentic audience engagement
Emeryville, CA(23 Apr 2015)
Exponential Interactive, one of the largest leading global providers of digital advertising solutions, reaching more than 600 million users each month, today announced the launch of their proprietary, scalable video ad formats, VDX.
VDX was developed with the ultimate purpose of building upon the advantages of television and video ads and enriching them with the benefits of digital advertising – namely, the abilities to target consumers who are most relevant to a brand, and for those consumers to choose to interact with the brand through an immersive video-centric experience.
With the proliferation of digital devices, advertisers have struggled to connect with consumers at scale via video on these devices. Solving this for the first time, VDX is made available across multiple types of media – from in-page display, to mobile (tablet and phone) and in-stream – and provides the same brand experience across these devices to ensure full brand immersion and consistency.
Examples of Exponential’s VDX formats can be seen here.
“Video is the most powerful vehicle to communicate a brand’s message,” said Doug Conely, chief strategy officer for Exponential. “However, when consumers lean forward and choose to engage with a brand’s video messaging, it is a much more positive, influential experience than the passive, lean-back experience that is typically associated with forced, non-interactive, one-way TV ads or pre-roll video.”
Further, VDX is built on top of Exponential’s audience platform, which introduces a hyper-granular level of audience targeting that had never been associated with TV or pre-roll ads. Its platform ingests over 2 billion user events per day, aggregates and segments consumers based on their interests in over 50,000 topics, and uses this data to build look-alike audience models to reach consumers who are most likely to become receptive customers of the brand.
With VDX delivering a single video experience across multiple channels, Exponential has decided to combine their display, mobile and in-stream divisions – formerly known as Tribal Fusion, Firefly Video, Appsnack and Adotube.
With over 14 years of experience providing high-impact rich media formats and proprietary audience targeting solutions, Exponential is uniquely positioned to deliver VDX at scale across several media:
- 2001: Exponential begins with legacy display advertising network, Tribal Fusion.
- 2010: Firefly Video is launched, a digital video advertising solution that delivers the active attention of advertisers’ target audiences to drive engagement and brand lift.
- 2011: Exponential’s e-X advertising Intelligence Platform ingests 2 billion user events per day and allows for building powerful audience models to reach audiences that are most relevant to a brand.
- 2011: Adotube is acquired, an in-stream advertising technology and services provider for the multiscreen video industry.
- 2012: Mobile solution Appsnack is launched to help brands and their agencies build rich, engaging, app-like creative experience.
- 2013: Intensive tech integration completed, fusing together all platforms to ensure flawless ad delivery across multiple screens and formats.
- 2015: All components united to deliver a complete multi-screen video engagement solution delivered to the most relevant audiences for a brand.
Exponential Interactive delivers innovative advertising experiences that transform the way brands interact with audiences across desktop and mobile. Exponential’s platform fuses one of the largest global digital media footprints and proprietary data with user-centric ad formats designed to drive engagement and action. Creativity and audience insights form the foundation for building smarter, more relevant solutions for advertisers and publishers. Exponential was founded in 2001 and has locations in 22 countries. For more information, please visit www.exponential.com.