Envivio Showcases TV Everywhere Solutions at NAB 2012
Demonstrations at booth SU3902 include enhancements designed specifically for broadcast and Internet TV applications
Las Vegas, NV(16 Apr 2012)
Envivio, a leading provider of live and on-demand multi-screen IP video processing and delivery solutions, will introduce product enhancements and demonstrate its full range of solutions at NAB 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 16-19, booth SU3902.
Envivio is optimizing its software-based transcoding platform with Envivio Muse iTV, offering advanced features for broadcasters and content providers delivering high quality video to any device, including tablets and smartphones. Some of these enhancements include:
- • Source timecode information in different multiscreen output formats to support highlight editing and manipulation
- • SCTE 35/104 ad insertion for TV Everywhere and Internet TV applications
- • New functionality for Apple iOS 5 including multi-language support, time-shifted functions such as I-frame scrubbing, fast rewind and fast forward capabilities with image preview
- • Blackout support
Envivio’s NAB 2012 presence will encompass content preparation, network distribution and the anytime, anywhere user experience with video on TVs, PCs (in Microsoft Smooth Streaming and Adobe Flash formats), as well as iOS and Android tablets and smartphones. Demonstrations will include:
- • Envivio Muse on the Envivio 4Caster appliances or HP blade servers, performing live or on-demand encoding, transcoding and statistical multiplexing of high quality HD/SD video in various output resolutions and formats
- • Envivio Halo network media processor for packaging, distribution and live-to-file workflows
- • MPEG-DASH streaming interoperability with various media players from partners Authentec, NXP and VisualOn
- • Ad insertion and blackout capabilities demonstrated on tablets
- • 4Manager network management system
Envivio VP of Internet TV, Matt Smith, will present a paper titled, “What’s Next for Adaptive Bit-rate: Will MPEG-DASH be the New Contender for Multi-screen Services?” at the NAB Conference on Sunday, April 15 at 4:30pm in room S225.
Envivio will also be collaborating with several partners at the show, including Adobe, Akamai, Dolby and HP. Demonstrations of the Envivio Muse software-centric approach to video compression and processing on HP blade servers will be showcased both on Envivio’s booth #SU3902 and HP’s booth #N5106.
Envivio now serves more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries. More information about Envivio solutions for TV without Boundaries can be found online at http://www.Envivio.com.
Envivio is a leader in solutions for multi-screen video-over-IP delivery. We design our solutions to remove the boundaries of traditional television and make the world’s video content universally enjoyable by all viewers, on any device, across any network, at any time. Now in its second decade of developing market-leading video convergence solutions, Envivio has more than a dozen patents, has pioneered video-over-IP methods, and led in the deployment of emerging standards and new technologies. Envivio’s customers include global tier-1 service providers, including eight of the top 10 mobile operators, seven of the top 10 broadband providers and three of the top four cable operators. Envivio is headquartered in South San Francisco, California and has offices worldwide including France, England, China, Singapore and Japan.