TechSmith Corp., the world's leading provider of screen capture and recording solutions, today announced the availability of Camtasia Studio 3.1, which allows individuals with no programming or multimedia expertise to combine the best of Flash and video technology to quickly create professional software training and demonstrations, online marketing presentations, screencasts, and content to help sell and support software and hardware.
Camtasia Studio automatically records exactly what a user sees on a computer screen, what they say, and how they interact with PowerPoint or any Windows-based application or Web site. Individuals can then edit the interactive content and share it via fixed media (e.g., CD or DVD) or online in all the popular streaming media formats, including Flash video (FLV). Additionally, users can import video from digital camcorders to enhance their screen recordings.
"With this release, amazing looking rich training and presentations are within anyone's reach,? said Troy Stein, Camtasia Studio Product Manager at TechSmith. ?We?re making it possible for individuals and companies to create multimedia presentations which combine both webcam and screen video without the time, costs and mind-boggling complexity of older multimedia products. The video is remarkably clear and works beautifully whether you are playing back a recording of a PowerPoint presentation or a presenter. Camtasia Studio offers a whole new way to share information, ideas, and knowledge about products and Web-based services."
Multimedia content--created in minutes with Camtasia Studio--is proven to increase the effectiveness of online training, sales presentations and marketing initiatives, and reduce costs associated with technical support and helpdesks. Camtasia Studio enables individuals to replace technical and jargon-laden documentation and Web sites with compelling and effective multimedia content that users can watch, listen, learn from, and experience.
New features in Camtasia Studio 3.1 include:
- Side-by-side display that allows users to determine the dimensions of the camera and screen video windows to provide emphasis and focus the viewer?s attention.
- Flash 8 support with direct publishing to FLV that ensures bullet-proof delivery of any content for any audience via the ubiquitous Flash player.
- Section 508-compliant open captioning that makes content more accessible and more memorable. Users can add their own text captioning, import speaker notes from PowerPoint, or paste in text from any document.
- Interactivity and quizzing enhancements that allow instructors to embed questions into their multimedia content and to receive feedback via email without requiring a Learning Management System (LMS).
- QuickTime 7 and H.264 support in Camtasia Studio that delivers the industry?s highest quality video with spectacular compression for customers who want to publish their content in the QuickTime format.
- Third-party Project Streamer hosting so individuals can easily share their content online with others by simply emailing or posting a link to a website. The option to upload a video from within Camtasia Studio is now available and users can choose which of their videos they want to make available for public viewing.
System Requirements and Availability
Camtasia Studio 3.1 supports Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP with DirectX 9.0 or later. Digital video formats that can be imported into Camtasia Studio include AVI, MPEG, MPG, or WMV. Web cameras for capturing live video and microphones for capturing audio are available for purchase separately. Camtasia Studio 3.1 is available immediately with a suggested retail price of $299. A 30-day free trial of Project Streamer is also available. The software and recommended hardware can be purchased at http://www.techsmith.com. For additional information about Camtasia Studio, visit: http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp.
About TechSmith Corporation
TechSmith Corporation was founded in 1987 and is located in Okemos, Michigan. TechSmith provides practical business software tools to capture and manipulate images, voice and video from Windows desktops. The company's flagship software packages, SnagIt and Camtasia Studio, enable customers to create visually enhanced content for teaching, training, Web sites, documentation, and business presentations. Morae is the first and only all-digital solution for recording and analyzing human-computer interaction. TechSmith products are used by 98% of the Fortune 500. For additional information, visit www.techsmith.com.