Yorktel’s Univago Video Collaboration Platform Rolls Out Active Directory Integration Services, Microsoft Edge Browser Support for WebRTC, and Self-Testing Diagnostic Tool
Enhancements eliminate complexity for users, mitigate risk and provide greater organizational control of IT environment
Eatontown, NJ(15 Jun 2016)
Yorktel (@yorktelcorp), the worldwide leader in cloud, UC&C and video managed services today announced new features and enhancements for Univago, its business-grade, cloud video communications platform as-a-service.
New features and enhancements added to Univago:
- Single Sign-On (SSO) with ADFS or SAML integration: Enterprise SSO services enable automated provisioning and the ability of logging into Univago and other applications within their IT environment using one set of authentication credentials managed by their company’s Active Directory services.
- Microsoft Azure support: Enterprise customers who are subscribers to Microsoft Azure can now deploy the Univago Hybrid solution into their Azure hosted environment.
- Microsoft Edge browser support: Microsoft Edge version 20.10532 or later now supports WebRTC calling with Univago.
- Google Chrome version 50 browser support and improved audio device controls: Users running the latest version of Google Chrome now have more flexibility to define and control their PC audio properties.
- Enhanced call control capability for hosts and participants: Users now have more controls while using the Univago web or PC apps to manage their meetings.
- Self-test tool: Users new to Univago can now test their audio and video prior to placing their first call so they know how they’re going to look and sound to others.
“Based on several weeks of hands-on testing of both the cloud-only and hybrid versions of Univago, we are pleased to say that we like many aspects of this calling service. It’s highly reliable, interoperates seamlessly with Skype for Business / Lync, supports WebRTC connections, offers strong content sharing, and provides a consistently good video and audio experience,” noted Wainhouse Research Senior Analyst and Partner, Ira M. Weinstein, in his evaluation of Univago. “In addition, we really like the hybrid deployment option and its simplicity, cost, bandwidth, security, and user experience benefits.
“Furthermore, Univago’s price is quite reasonable.” (Click here to access full evaluation)
Residing within the existing Yorktel VideoCloud™, Univago supports a variety of deployment architectures and offers various services, such as its Enterprise Gateway service which enables calling between Microsoft Skype for Business and all other platforms operating on standards supported by Univago. An always-available, subscription-based solution, Univago allows customers to control costs and scale at their own pace, avoiding capacity concerns and alleviating them from the burden of capital expenditures in hardware that will soon be obsolete.
Live support from Yorktel’s 24/7 helpdesk is included with all subscriptions, whereas other providers charge a premium for similar support.
“Univago was built for organizations that need enterprise-class, video communications and collaboration solutions that are as flexible and secure as they are functional,” said John Vitale, SVP product management, Yorktel. “These latest enhancements to Univago reinforce Yorktel’s commitment to delivering solutions based on usability, functionality and commercial-grade support.”
Yorktel, one of the largest providers of managed video conferencing solutions in North America, has served as the trusted partner for Fortune 1,000 and federal government agencies for over 30 years.
Yorktel is a leading global provider of UC&C, cloud, and video managed services for large enterprise and federal government customers. Founded in 1985 and headquartered in New Jersey, with offices across the US, UK, and France, Yorktel enables customers to successfully integrate video into their operations -- from video conferencing to video event production; on premise or in the cloud. Yorktel designs, integrates, and manages enterprise-wide unified communications solutions. Commercial Integrator magazine named Yorktel its 2015 Integrator of the Year.