Registrations Open for Northern Waves 2018: TV Tech & Business Conference
New event in Oslo, scheduled for 31 May, will bring together broadcasters and pay-tv operators to discuss OTT technology and monetization.
Oslo, Norway(18 Apr 2018)
NorthernWaves.tv is confirmed and scheduled on the 31stof May 2018. The conference will bring together the TV community to discuss the latest developments in TV Technologies and its impact on the business around it. The capital of Norway, Oslo, shall play host to the event, which is endorsed and supported by the leading broadcasters and pay-tv operators in Scandinavia.
Broadcasters and pay-tv operators feel a need to coordinate certain activities that will lead to efficient and organised choices in technologies to avoid fragmentations. Northern Waves 2018 will be a platform where key decision makers and advisors will present technologies and case studies of current and relevant topics within the TV/Streaming industry.
The headline programme for NorthernWaves.tv on the 31stof May, Thursday includes:
Morning Sessions 08:30 - 12:30
- Codecs and Encoding - HEVC vs AV1, Encoding Efficiencies and Techniques
- Software defined TV – Software based encoding and the cloud
- Standardisation of encoding – Cases studies and overview on input and delivery format standardisations
- Case study – Successful global delivery of the 2018 Olympics
Afternoon Sessions 13:30 - 17:30
- Personal advertisements in linear TV – the tech and the business
- Addressable TV – The future broadcaster model
- Leadership Debate (Pay-TV Operators) – Unification of Tech Standards
- Case Studies – Android-TV, The 4th industrial revolution in broadcast, Data Driven TV
The event will include a networking lunch, cocktails, and a Gala dinner, to create a pleasant environment between industry peers as they debate and celebrate our industry and its achievements.
Scandinavia, often promoted as the TV-Tech capital of Europe because of its digitally forward consumers, strong connectivity of networks, content production and the multitude of resident TV-Tech companies, makes it an obvious choice to host this event. Featuring presentations and case studies from Canal Digital, Discovery - Eurosport, TV2, Telenor, GET, NRK, Riks TV and many others.
“Scandinavia is in the heart of the TV-Tech renaissance and the ideal place for operators to learn, debate and formulate a strategy for success.”
To see the full agenda and to register your attendance for Northern Waves, please visit www.northernwaves.tv
Follow on Twitter: @NorthernWaves
For Further information, please contact:
Marketing and Communications Director
Phone: +44 7876028445