Qumu Turns a PC into a Social Video Creation Tool
New Qumu Create Gives Users the Power to Build “People and Content” Videos; Create, Edit and Publish Video Presentations Quickly and Easily
San Bruno, CA(31 Mar 2010)
Qumu, Inc., a proven innovator in rich media and video solutions for the enterprise, today announced the release of Qumu Create, a low-cost desktop screen capture and video creation tool with a simple interface that allows PC users to create rich media presentations in the home and the office.
Qumu Create enhances communication by letting people simply “do what they do.” Presenters can annotate worksheets and documents, run presentations, manipulate engineering diagrams, or run any other application on their computer while talking about their work.
Qumu Create generates presentations that synchronize Windows Media video (up to 2 USB cameras) and audio with either PowerPoint slides or live screen capture of any application running on the PC. Both camera and screen capture are rendered as high-quality video, which allows presenters to record full applications, web apps, and even videos running on their computer.
Qumu Create captures all screens while simultaneously creating video via a webcam or PC camera; the two feeds are synched and create a single engaging and effective mode of communication. Upload your video presentation to share it everywhere – on Facebook or YouTube for external viewers, or via Qumu’s workflow-enabled Video Control Center for organizational review and delivery across an enterprise’s Social Video Portal.
Easy, Effective Social Video Creation for Training, Leadership, and Collaboration
Now it’s easy to create powerful “people and content” videos for any organization. Qumu Create drives more effective organization-wide training, leadership and collaboration by putting a powerful but low-cost tool in the hands of the entire organization. Qumu Create:
- Records screen content at full frame rates (no more poor quality JPEG screen shots). If it runs on your PC, Qumu Create will capture it.
- Combines your USB camera(s) with PowerPoint slides for a full rich media presentation, including automatic chapter generation from titles.
- Edits your presentation video after the fact to trim the video, modify chapters, and merge multiple videos.
Qumu Create Delivers Social Media-Based Video Creation
The use of video sharing sites and proliferation of video in organizations has led to increased demand for an easy video authoring tool for executives, users, educators, students and trainers. Qumu Create is the tool for everyone in the organization:
- Executives – rapid dissemination of an idea to their teams, added inspiration for a presentation, or delivery of an important message from anywhere – hotel room, airport lounge, vacation spot, or home;
- Sales Leaders/Representatives – pipeline updates, sales techniques, presentation training;
- Product Managers – new product releases, product roadmaps;
- Educators/Teachers/Professors – class lessons, diagrams, integrated media;
- HR Directors – benefit explanations, training, compliance;
- Help Desk/Support Personnel – FAQs, product walkthroughs , troubleshooting;
- Accounting/Financial – new processes and procedures, accrual methods, financial reviews, compliance rules.
Pricing and Availability
The new Qumu Create application is available now from Qumu and is priced at $75.00 (U.S.). Volume discounts are available to organizations.
About Qumu, Inc.
Qumu is the leading provider of video solutions to corporations, not-for-profit organizations, and government entities. Qumu’s products allow organizations to easily create, manage, publish and distribute live and on-demand video content while integrating the video with other media. Qumu’s solutions are engineered to allow companies to get started at minimal expense while leveraging existing IT standards and infrastructure. Our flexible deployment options include SaaS, enterprise software, appliance or hybrid delivery. Find out why so many Fortune 500 companies partner with Qumu for their enterprise video needs. Contact Qumu at 1-866-654-8333 or via www.qumu.com.