Hive Streaming is now available for Skype Meeting Broadcast
Hive Streaming is now integrated with Skype Meeting Broadcast and enables organizations to do large scale webcasts without having to worry about overloading their Enterprise network
Redmond, USA(01 Dec 2015)
Skype Meeting Broadcast is an extremely powerful feature in Skype for Business that enables enterprises and organizations to do very large scale live meeting broadcasts to its employees. To protect the Enterprise network from being overwhelmed by the increase in video traffic when thousands of employees are watching the Skype Meeting Broadcast simultaneously, HIVE Streaming has worked closely with Microsoft to integrate HIVE Streaming with the Skype Meeting Broadcast service, thus delivering a seamless and optimal experience for the viewers.
HIVE Streaming is a solution that leverages software defined networking to deliver high quality video to employees and to minimize the impact on the Enterprise network load. With a combination of locally installed software and Microsoft Azure services, HIVE Streaming can be deployed quickly and easily, requiring little to no configuration on the part of the Enterprise.
“HIVE Streaming is a proven solution to optimize existing enterprise networking infrastructure to scale media delivery” says Johan Ljungberg CEO, HIVE Streaming, “With the integration between HIVE and Skype for Business, enterprises can stream their Skype Meeting Broadcast live to thousands of employees with minimal impact to their Enterprise network.”
“Millions of people rely on Skype for Business for their day to day communication and collaboration,” says Giovanni Mezgec GM of Product Marketing for Skype for Business, Project, and Visio at Microsoft, “Skype Meeting Broadcast together with HIVE will enable enterprises to do large scale town halls without concerns to overload their enterprise network.”
Hive Streaming for Skype Meeting Broadcastprovides customers with the following benefits:
- Easy to get started - our software only solution is integrated with and optimized for Skype Meeting Broadcast, providing a smooth and easy set-up, with no requirements for onsite configurations.
- No hardware is needed - Hive Streaming offers the opportunity to re-use your existing hardware such as laptops and desktops to distribute live and on-demand video to all users throughout your organization.
- Network friendly – between 95-99% traffic is offloaded from critical and weak network links, ensuring a great viewer experience and careful use of the Enterprise network.
- Hive Insights - our comprehensive suite of analytics provide a wealth of information including network and video performance by site, subnet and individual viewer.
- Hive Silent tests – we provide the ability to safely stage end-to-end webcast rehearsals, enabling you to detect, analyze and troubleshoot hitches way ahead in time.
About Hive Streaming
Hive Streaming provides solutions for media distribution and performance analysis. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden with offices in the United States and Germany, Hive is considered a leader in the video distribution space and offers a wide array of services to the Enterprise and Media Sectors while maintaining a strong focus on research and development.
For more information and to learn how to take advantage of Hive for Skype Meeting Broadcast, visit http://hivestreaming.com/skype or email us at email@example.com