Elemental to Launch Advanced Video Processing Solutions at NAB Show 2017
Commitment to advanced performance and functionality unlocks new capabilities and revenue streams for video creation and distribution customers
Portland, OR(17 Apr 2017)
Elemental Technologies, an Amazon Web Services company, today announced plans to debut new video processing technologies at NAB 2017. Elemental’s latest innovations will offer pay TV providers, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprise customers the ability to quickly, easily and economically build and scale advanced video workflows to deliver highly differentiated viewing experiences.
Elemental will unveil its newest solutions April 24 through 27 at the NAB Show in Las Vegas in the South Upper Hall, booth SU2202, as well as in several partners’ booths throughout the exhibition.
Updated technologies for accelerated workflows and optimized distribution:
- Enhanced premium live encoding – New systems increase performance and throughput for real-time encoding of live video and audio via Elemental Live. The entry-level L100, as well as the L300, L500 and L700 Series are all new for NAB Show, with the L700 capable of supporting advanced 4K workflows such as 4Kp60 plus 4Kp30 simultaneous transcoding.
- Portable, smaller footprint live encoding – Elemental will debut its lowest-cost Elemental Live solution with the L000 series, a single-channel video encoder tailored for cloud contribution and offering value-driven performance for HD and SD applications in public, education and government workflows. At 10 in. wide by nine in. deep, the L000 Series is ideally suited for environments where portability, power consumption and hardware footprint are essential requirements.
- Performance upgrades for high-speed transcoding – A refreshed Elemental Server product line will showcase more powerful hardware for increased performance and higher density for file-based video processing. The new Elemental Server S100, S300 and S500 Series solutions can transcode large content libraries in less time to deliver faster turnaround for ongoing updates to video-on-demand (VOD) catalogs.
New software enhances speed of delivery and improves asset management:
- Frame accurate live-to-VOD capabilities – The newest version of the Elemental Delta video delivery software supports near-instant creation of catch-up TV or clipped VOD assets from a live stream, simplifying production of broadcast-quality content for faster delivery and reduced cost.
- Enhanced support for robust VOD libraries – A single Elemental Delta node is designed to support up to one million assets, simplifying deployment of large VOD catalogues while facilitating management of live-to-VOD asset lifecycles. Elemental Delta users will now be able to build massive VOD libraries with extended time-based availability, limited only by storage.
Software advancements for next-generation requirements:
- High Dynamic Range functionality – Elemental Live and Elemental Server now offer comprehensive video processing capabilities for high dynamic range (HDR) content, transforming any input into HDR 10 or Hybrid Log Gamma format for broadcast or video-on-demand delivery. HDR channels can now be brought to market faster with a mix of existing standard dynamic range (SDR) and HDR content, including promos, advertisements and program content, and existing static and motion graphic overlay assets can be reused to allow a single motion graphic workflow for both SDR as well as HDR broadcast channels.
Enabling content contribution on-premises and to the cloud:
- Live video over IP delivery – Advancing Elemental’s capabilities for delivering live video over IP transport, Elemental Live will add support for receiving JPEG 2000 (J2K) transport over the
TR-01 IP protocol, enabling another high-quality contribution format to be used to deliver live contribution feeds to on-premises or cloud-based Elemental Live software.
- Improved video quality – Elemental will introduce support for ingest and egress of high-quality codecs, including HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit and 8-bit and AVC High 4:2:2 Intra Profile, both on-premises or in the cloud, as well as delivering updated algorithms for more versatile two pass VBR encoding and improved J2K decoding efficiency, ensuring the highest quality video outputs for small- and large-format playback devices.
Advancing cloud-driven workflows:
- Deeper integration with Amazon Simple Storage Solution (Amazon S3) – New enhancements to Elemental Cloud enable live channel playout from the cloud with content sourced from Amazon S3, offering the ability to create new channels instantly for resiliency or proof-of-concept, deploy new channels anywhere in the world using standard automation processes, and including fully cloud-based channel deployments.
- Cloud-based ingest services – Elemental will showcase a range of integrations with cloud-based solutions for ingest, including AVC and HEVC codecs using RTMP and RTP with forward error correction, as well as integrations designed to promote J2K TR-01 contribution, allowing standard contribution sources to be ingested into cloud services.
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder – Elemental will display this highly-scalable, easy-to-use and cost effective service for content owners and content producers to convert media files from their source format into versions that will play back on devices like smartphones, tablets and PCs. This is achieved through a highly scalable, easy-to-use and cost-effective service with all aspects of the service managed transparently and automatically.
“The pace of change in video technology continues to accelerate, and our new software-driven video processing solutions are designed to keep customers well ahead of evolving requirements and ready for what comes next,” said Aslam Khader, chief product officer, Elemental. “The capabilities we’ll unveil at NAB will simplify the work of delivering top-quality viewing experiences across broadcast and multiscreen workflows so content providers can focus on creating, delivering and monetizing their outstanding work.”
Elemental Technologies, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) company, empowers media companies to deliver premium video experiences to consumers. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company pioneered the use of software-based video processing to distribute and monetize video over the internet. Elemental software-defined video solutions power video infrastructures for top-tier media franchises worldwide and helps pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprise customers bring video content to any screen, anytime – all at once. Elemental solutions are deeply integrated with AWS services, giving video providers the ability to quickly, easily and economically scale workflows on-premises or in the cloud. To learn more, visit www.elemental.com and follow @elementaltech on Twitter.
+44 7469 707 355