DVEO Launches VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES
The VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES™ transcodes files to many widely used video and audio formats needed by broadcast servers, edit systems, web, and mobile devices. It encodes all profiles simultaneously -- up to five times faster than real time.
San Diego, California(27 Aug 2018)
DVEO®, a supplier to leading telco and cable operators providing TV/OTT services, has begun shipping their new file to file transcoder. DVEO will demonstrate the VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES™ at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), September 14-18, in Amsterdam, at stand 2.A34.
The VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES™ transcodes files to many widely used video and audio formats needed by broadcast servers, edit systems, web, and mobile devices. It encodes all profiles simultaneously -- up to five times faster than real time. It also speeds up encoding of asynchronous formats (an optional feature).
Designed for content providers, telcos, and multi-screen operators that deploy IPTV and OTT, the VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES accepts files via drag and drop and repackages them to multiple encoded HLS segment files, at the requested bitrates and resolutions. The Linux® based system includes fMP4 segment file support, which means distribution may utilize a single segment for both HLS and DASH clients.
"With this unique system, we've applied DVEO's deep experience with live encoding to file to file encoding," commented Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "The VOD SEGMENTER's intelligent management programs organize, timestamp, and properly "curate" file segments. Operators get unified packaging to which they can add DRM on an as-needed basis; fMP4 segment file support, which means the same segment feeds both HLS and DASH clients; and Catch-Up TV, with superior rewind and fast forwarding via our unique URL-based based buffering system – including insertion of "real time" ads in the buffered playback."
The VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES supports H.264 High Profile @ Level 4.0. Optional file encoding to H.265 is available. The system also supports logo insertion, text overlay, and SCTE 35 compliant cue tone insertion ("ad markers") on the outputs.
DVEO and VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
- Designed to repackage or chunk TS files to HLS. This is called segmentation.
- Inputs: Files of any type are input via drag and drop
- If needed encodes files faster than real time – about one-fifth the playing time of the video file
- Encodes all profiles simultaneously
- Supports logo insertion, text overlay, and SCTE 35 compliant cue tone insertion ("ad markers") on outputs
- Able to upconvert incoming SD streams to HD, and scale down
- Tested with leading CDNs (Verizon® and Akamai®)
- Supports H.264 High Profile @ Level 4.0 (HP@L4)
- Supports 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576i, 480i, 480p, CIF, QCIF, qHD, H.264up and many others, and custom resolutions
- x64 library based for highest quality
- Ingest, file format, conversion, and content production can be a hands-off process thanks to built-in scheduling
- Tested to work with most media servers
- Tested compatible with major brands of IP devices including Amino™, Roku®, Telergy, Android™, and Apple devices
- SNMP, REST, SOAP support for remote management and monitoring
- Qualys® certified to Level 2 for Critical Vulnerabilities like Open Ports, Tracking applications with COBIT, FISMA, HIPAA, NERC, PCI DSS, SANS, SCAP compliance
- Scalable from single servers to multiple servers
Suggested Retail Price:
VOD SEGMENTER: PREMISES: $3,495 -- $19,995 U.S.
DVEO is a well established, privately held entity headquartered in San Diego, California, since 2001. DVEO develops and sells broadcast quality video encoding and streaming products, media servers and ad insertion solutions to leading Telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world. The DVEO solutions enable multi-screen service delivery to any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Deployment models include turnkey installations and cloud-based service delivery. All solutions are built on Linux OS and Intel Xeon-based platforms to ensure 24x7 reliability, and feature DVEO-developed software for maximum flexibility and upgradability, ensuring long term investment protection. These ultra-reliable products are matched by valuable pre-sales consultancy, outstanding post-sales service and support, and -- not least -- unusual affordability.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the DVEO press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO®, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815