ConnectSolutions Launches Breakthrough Webcast Solution
More Engaging Experiences for All Audience Sizes and Game-Changing Unlimited Use Pricing Model Usher in New Era of Webcasting
Emeryville, CA(31 Aug 2010)
ConnectSolutions (www.connectsolutions.com ), a leading provider of web collaboration solutions, today announced Podium 2, a breakthrough webcasting solution that enables organizations to actively engage audiences online with high definition experiences - without the technical barriers usually associated with webcasting.
Podium 2 has a number of compelling new features including:
- Announcements: Event producers can curate broadcast-quality, targeted messaging to an audience, helping engage them in the presentation. Event producers can reinforce the presenter’s message, show graphics, charts, and provide links and document downloads in the flow of the presentation.
- Scratchpad: this feature enables viewers to take individualized notes within Podium, save them as a PDF or distribute them via email. Instead of having to tab away from the webcast to take notes in a separate application or on paper, viewers remain focused on the event and message. Notes are time-stamped, so viewers can easily return to noteworthy parts of presentations.
- Video Responses: Participants can record feedback about an event to convey thoughts and ideas like never before in webcasts. Video responses provide rich, multimedia feedback about the event content, while promoting a sense of community among event audiences.
- Podium Events Guide: Customers can combine the power of interactive live events with a web-based Events Portal to view live and on-demand broadcasts. Viewers download information and submit questions before the event begins, and leave comments when it ends, extending the relevance and reach of webcasts. Upcoming or in-progress events can be promoted to encourage repeat viewership and attract new audiences.
Additional New features in Podium 2 include:
· Moderated Q&A
· Public Chat
· Native Facebook Webcasting Application
“Creative people will see the benefits right away,” said Steve Vonder Haar, Research Director at Interactive Media Strategies. “Podium 2 breaks out of the pre-set template of Webcasting, enabling presenters to create a different look and feel for their viewers. In the process, it brings a fresh option for producers seeking to create an engaging business communications experience. “
Game-Changing New Pricing Model
As part of today’s announcement, ConnectSolutions unveiled a completely new pricing model that enables customers to purchase an annual subscription for a virtual auditorium. This model enables widespread use across many departments rather than as a scarce communication tool used by a privileged few. In providing simplified, predictable pricing, organizations will be able to utilize webcasting as part of their core communications toolset.
“Historically webcasting providers have provided expensive, antiquated technology platforms that leave customers penniless and event audiences bored,” said Michael Fitzpatrick, co-founder and CEO, ConnectSolutions. “With our new pricing, organizations no longer need to treat webcasting like an expensive resource that needs to be rationed. With today’s announcement of Podium 2, a premium, collaborative experience for large events has become affordable.”
ConnectSolutions is a provider of industry-leading real-time collaboration solutions that can scale to tens of thousands of participants. The company’s products are used by leading enterprise and government entities that require secure, video-centric collaboration between users, regardless of geography. ConnectSolutions is based in Emeryville, CA. For more information, visit www.connectsolutions.com.