The Video and Audio Platform Technology group is seeking an Analyst II to join our team. As an Analyst II, you will work in a “hands on” capacity in our fast-paced live and on-demand streaming operation. Your role will include coordination and communication all aspects of the acquisition, contribution, and distribution of live events on WatchESPN/ESPN3 and its International versions across mobile apps, web browsers, gaming consoles, and connected devices. You will collect and manage live event telemetry data, allocate resources and manage the video encoding process. You will perform routine quality assurance checks on live streams and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise. You will be responsible for multitasking across technical and non-technical skill sets in a high capacity and high pressure environment on a daily basis.
Position will have a rotating schedule including extended hours on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Compile and maintain the live event streaming schedule for WatchESPN/ESPN3 and its International versions
- Manage the day-to-day operational workflow for Iive-event and on demand streaming
- Execute defined processes to validate the quality and availability of live and on demand streams
- Provide Tier I/II support, responding to escalations from MVPDs, Vendors, and internal teams
- Collect and analyze real-time player and distribution system performance data, identify areas for improvement and provide recommendations for action