Red Hen Systems is looking for an intelligent and talented software engineer and or GIS analyst to lead the development of the edition, mapping and spatial analysis of complex media data collections including full-motion video, audio, imagery. and other sensors. In this position, you will be responsible for the development of several core components that will become part of our spatial media search, process, photogrammetric analysis, and platform sharing technologies including video/audio compression, metadata encoding, live streaming of stereo content, ad-hoc stiching of panogramas, and managment of immersive media environments.
Employee will provide specific Geospatial Media Programming and Technologist Support to perfect and evolve spatial media database management and provide subject matter expertise for relational database management systems (e.g. SQL Server and Oracle), as integrated into the ArcGIS, Falcon View, Google Earth, and other spatuial presenation applications. Applications will maintain ArcGIS intelligence, operational, and environmental spatial data layers to support data interrogation for operators, intelligence analysts, and knowledge engineers. Geospatial Software Development team is responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions that process geospatial data and produce visual and non-visual information critical for decision analytics in RHS software products.
This position will require an in-depth and hands-on approach to video technologies like image processing, video compression, rendering technologies, hardware platforms and streaming protocols. A strong technical acumen is more important than immediately relevant experience. Since teamwork is critical to our success, you should have great communication and teaming skills and be able to work in a high performance team with minimal supervision. Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to develop strategy documents, functional specifications and design recommendations are expected.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals as applied to geospatial problems and be able to solve complex engineering and photogrammetic problems. The qualified candidate can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards. We are fewer than 10 people, pay market rate, will offer great stock and have significant clients leading innovative investments in spatial technologies and sensors. Think of: spatial media, Look ahead video awarness, video streaming, and Silverlight and you might get an idea of what we are up to - Take the picture. get the point.
Geospatial media Software Systems Engineer (GIS) Qualifications/Experience:
Design, create, test, and customize ArcGIS applications using a variety of software architectures including Delphi, C#, C++, .NET, and Java technologies.
- Participate in all phases of the application development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, and deployment.
- Review ArcGIS applications and interfaces in order to recommend enhancements.
- Provide technical input to risk analysis, change control and for preparation of business cases
- Report progress status to project manager/technologies director
- May ensure third-tier customer support resolving complex customer issues.
- Work closely with product engineers and other solutions software developers.
- Write technical documentation as needed.
- Programming advanced geospatial and mathematical models using COTS applications
- Developing applications that process data and produce results in near real-time
- Establishing new services that integrate geoprocessing models, spatial multimedia, and data management functions
- Develop multi-user web based mapping services
- Understanding of cartographic concepts and styles
- Strong database development skills including database design and data modeling principals
- System design and deployment of an ArcGIS Server
- Intermediate to advanced experience with GIS, GPS, ESRI systems
- Consulting services on methods and tools deployment using ESRI products
- ESRI technologies including ArcObjects, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE
- ESRI’s SOA, design principles, and systems engineering. - architecting and designing large-scale distributed systems
- Web services standards, technologies, and tools, including Java, J2EE, Perl, Python, XML and XML Schema, SOAP, and WSDL
- Solid foundation of mainstream mapping frameworks like ArcGIS, MapInfo
- Understand different spatial data formats like Shapefiles, KML, ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial, SQL Server Spatial etc
- Extensive usage of web mapping APIs like Google Maps, Bing Maps, Google Earth etc.
- Education and guidance on the integration of web-based GIS applications with current imagery databases.
- Provide programming and customization functions to include crafting scripts and tools to provide unique functionality or automate routine imagery functions.
- Serving as a source for troubleshooting existing tools
- Testing new software models and projects
- BS or MS in Computer Science with specialization in GIS
- Programming with, C#, Silverlight and Microsoft .NET framework
- Familiarity of Web Based Mapping Technologies like WMS or WFS
- Technical task management, including as a tech lead or technical project manager
- Knowledge of relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, or DB2.
- Must have at least four years experience in software design, development, and implementation, and possess advanced computational skills in programming, and thwo or more year experience performing geospatial software integration and database development using MS SQL Server and/or Oracle, and ArcGIS. Minimum of three years of programming experience with Java, C/C++, or C#.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Bachelors or masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, geography/GIS, or a related field, depending on position level.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a software development or GIS application development environment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working in the intelligence community
- Interacting effectively with customers
- Previous involvement in a large software development project.
- Desire to design, write, test, debug, profile, manage, and document source code.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies and software design techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team.
About the Company:
Red Hen Systems, Fort Collins, Colorado has over fifteen years of persistent innovation, commercialization, and commitment to user support related to the integration of the global positioning system (GPS), camera area networking (CAN), and geographical information systems (GIS). Our media tradition is taken from the cameraman still and motion imagery perspective using ad-hoc commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) handheld and mounted cameras with either integrated GPS metadata capture or when carried in adjacency to GPS track-loggers/personal navigators.
Red Hen Systems has provided desktop software and various hardware tools to the hand-held ground imagery communities within DIA, NGA, the several DoD Services, DHS, and other federal agencies. In the last three years Red Hen has installed a half-dozen multi-terabyte spatial media servers in both military and private enterprises.
Due to the flexibility of the same tools, thousands of users have relied on Red Hen for many ad-hoc spatial documentation purposes including underwater video survey, crop survey, sea and land mammal inventories, disaster recovery, and patrol of critical infrastructure systems such as pipelines, power lines, waterways, railroads, highways and subways.