Founded in 2006, Kaltura provides the first and only open source video platform. We are leading the introduction of advanced, rich-media tools in education, leveraging the open source approach to create innovative, scalable, and cost effective solutions. In a very short time Kaltura has created a tremendous footprint in education, with early adopters from many of the nation’s leading institutions. We are looking for a set of high performing individuals to join the education team and expand Kaltura’s leadership in this space.
Kaltura was recently recognized in Forbes as ‘one of the six fastest growing tech companies’, in Huffington Post as 'One of 5 Great Tech Companies to Watch in 2012', in VentureBeat as a ‘Next Billion Dollar Enterprise Tech Company’, in Business-Insider as ‘one of top 5 startups revolutionizing education’ and ‘one of 5 greatest open-source technologies for 2012’, and in Mashable as ‘one of top 5 social enterprise technologies for business’.
The Role: As part of a dedicated Education Sales Team, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and closing new opportunities. You will work with educational institutions to understand their video needs, consulting regularly with Kaltura product managers and presales engineers. You will be introducing the first video extensions for Blackboard, Sakai, and Moodle to the market and guide institutional stakeholders in making media investments. You will maintain C-level client relationships with stakeholders who are key to the decision-making and closing process. Sales will be conducted by email, phone, Webex, and in-person meetings.
We are in search of a talented Sales Executive to cover the West Territory consisting of CA, OR, WA, UT, ID and Western Canada.
- Strategically identify, target, and close new Kaltura education accounts.
- Manage a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 3-9 month sales cycle.
- Introduce clients to the complexities of video delivery, clearly articulating Kaltura’s value proposition and the uniqueness of our video applications.
- Lead online and face to face presentations of Kaltura’s platform and education solutions.
- Effectively engage internal product, presales, business, and partner team members.
- Document proposed products in template proposals and deliver pricing for professional services engagements.
- Provide active feedback to the Kaltura product team to assist in refining our solution set.
- Attend trade-shows, actively engaging attendees and initiating conversations with qualified prospects.
- Maintain active and professional relationships with key education partners to grow Kaltura’s education community and increase the size of our funnel.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum +3 years of enterprise software or video sales experience as well as experience in educational technology sales. Contacts within the LMS community in HED a huge plus.
- Experience in open source software or online media a plus.
- Knowledge of online video (encoding, management, delivery, etc.) a plus.
- Proven track record uncovering and closing new business; success meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, and moving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Experience proposing, presenting, and discussing solutions with C-level and other executive level decision-makers.
- Extremely high energy with stamina to perform consistently at a high level in a demanding environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong business acumen.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize; self motivated.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic and challenging environment where everyone works unconventional hours and “does it all”
- Position will cover a geographically defined territory.
- Must be able to travel 40% of the time.
We offer a comprehensive benefits and compensation package complete with Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, Disability, Commuter, Flexible Spending & Retirement benefits.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you.